Turn on thread page Beta

Geeky question about lever arch files?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any experience with a really good lever arch file that holds a large amount of work. I only like to take one with me to college and the one I have is an 80mm spine but doesn't really hold that much. Any advice??

ReputationRep:
    Dunno about the length, but I have one that his about 1 and a quarter times wider than the average A4 page, and probably 1 and a fifth longer as well. It's sturdy and holds a years worth of Chemistry A level notes (ie, a hell of a lot of study).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't get the WHSmith ones. I bought one and it just broke and I am now utterly stuck because I have nowhere to put all my damn work.

Moral of the story - pay for a good one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Don't get the WHSmith ones. I bought one and it just broke and I am now utterly stuck because I have nowhere to put all my damn work.

Moral of the story - pay for a good one.
    I've had WH Smith ones break on me, but then I've also bought a lot of other different makes and they have broken as well.

ReputationRep:
    ASDA ones are a lot better than you think! i've had one full to the brim for 2 years and it's still going strong! yeah they get a bit tatty, but they're good, especially for £1.50 or however much they are!

ReputationRep:
    The plain cardboard-y ones from paperchase are fantastic- mine is still with me after 2 years!

ReputationRep:
    STAPLES!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice everyone ill have a look, the one i have is from staples and is quite sturdy so thats not really the problem im in second year of college doing 4 subjects so i just want one with a bit more room

ReputationRep:
    Ryman! plastic so accommodates for more room, yet never had one break on me.

ReputationRep:
    I got a plastic one from Tesco's at the beginning of my A levels for French and it's still going strong (I'm about to finish college) despite having to carry 2 years worth of grammar notes/classwork/essays etc. It's very nearly full but it's yet to have broken on me!

ReputationRep:
    My friend spent £50 on an leitz lever arch file. It was the business but they do get old and used, don't know if you would want to spend that much on one though!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.