Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Head of Japanese Plant breaks into tears admitting radiation leak will kill people watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Russian)
    I was going to click the link but then I read the "dailyfail.co.uk"...
    Wow, that's so original and funny.

ReputationRep:
    No words can describe the courage shown by the actual workers who are trying to get things under control while undermining their own life.

ReputationRep:
    wow, and the government hid this

ReputationRep:
    Its not his fault..

He couldnt of prevented the natural disaster..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessbehold)
    you complete idiot. this news is real.
    Yeah, but you can find a much more balanced and less dramatic account of the story here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12789749

Dailyfail is fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangoh)
    -rep, are you serious? How can u feel sorry for someone that had information to prevent a nuclear disaster and kill potentially thousands of people?
    Prevent? It was happening no matter what he did. Go on, neg me fool, you know you want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    The whole dailyfail thing is getting a bit boring now. If you don't want to read articles from the website, don't comment in the thread with the same pseudo meme. The news is real, newspapers and websites just report on the story.
    I know that this is way off subject, but despite the fact that I'm straight, that clip of emma watson in your sig is totally mesmerising (i keep seeing your posts everywhere) haha

ReputationRep:
    It's incredible the level of ignorance that mainstream media is perpetuating. I strongly recommend everyone read Lewis Page's reporting in The Register - starting with http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03...iima_analysis/ and the most recent update being http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03...ushima_friday/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke0011)
    Damn, my Tamagotchi has just died from exposure to radiation
    THAT'S AN AWFUL THING TO SAY!!!

I LOLed.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Radiation kills people - Cutting edge factual journalism here........ but yeah it's sad really, nothing we didn't already know? Just depends on if and how much the Japanese authorities may be hiding about the levels of radiation escaping etc

The people battling to save the reactor are basically giving their lives.. sad but so heroic of them really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    I had a nightmare that I died in a nuclear explosion last night. Not poking fun or anything but I was actually scared. Woke up all sweaty and panicked.

Feel so sorry for all those people.
    Sorry, off topic, me too! About 3 nights ago I had a dream there was a nuclear explosion to the north of the valley I live in and all my friends died. Very strange, I don't even live in a big industrialized area! Must be because I've been incessantly following the progress of Japan's struggle to repair the damaged reactor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    *twitch*
    Don't you have more important things to be doing, moron.

ReputationRep:
    Tabloid headlines are not and have never been reliable indicators of truth. "Freddy Star ate my Hamster!"

"Fear mongering - whether justified or not - can sometimes elicit a societal response called Chicken Little syndrome, described as "inferring catastrophic conclusions possibly resulting in paralysis".[4] It has also been defined as "a sense of despair or passivity which blocks the audience from actions".[5] The term began appearing in the 1950s[6]and the phenomenon has been noted in many different societal contexts".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henny_Penny

Also check out
    http://jpquake.wikispaces.com/Journalist+Wall+of+Shame

See you all in 2013 when the next round of world ending disasters will be predicted for 2014.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reml)
    Don't you have more important things to be doing, moron.
    No, not really.

ReputationRep:
    Not the worst article, but keeps contradicting itself. There are much worse scaremongering articles on it out there, like the ones on that Journalist wall of shame page. The fact is, this is not Chernobyl. It's also not a nuclear bomb. Nor will it affect UK/Ireland, or even America. There might be consequences for the local environment, and I expect a good proportion of the workers will become ill or have years knocked off their lives- actual death, probably not. Evidence also suggests most of the workers left are near retirement or past reproductive age. The 'explosions and radioactive steam' mentioned in the article were caused by hydrogen in the venting, NOT radioactive. The tabloid media in general need to stop associating this with Chernobyl. For one, its shield and rods are not made out of flammable material.

I do feel sorry for him. Also the workers, who quite apart from their health must be under the most incredible amount of stress. No point in acting like this is Soviet Russia, where highly important details about the reactors was hidden from ordinary workers. They ARE releasing information on the situation, but they have to avoid mass panic. Best of luck to them, I really hope they can cool down the reactors soon.

ReputationRep:
    Not WILL kill people, but COULD kill people...

ReputationRep:
    -rep, are you serious? How can u feel sorry for someone that had information to prevent a nuclear disaster and kill potentially thousands of people?
    Justify this, how could he prevent it?

ReputationRep:
    you don't need to tell me, I was planning to anyways.

To reply to your comment, it's not the point whether the tsaunmi was going to occur, why on earth was the building so close to where past earthquakes have had a major impact on?

Why was the building not located geographically better... I am wondering
    They had to put it somewhere in Japan. There is a lot of Japan that has been impacted by earthquakes I think.

ReputationRep:
    you don't need to tell me, I was planning to anyways.

To reply to both of your comment, it's not the point whether the tsaunmi was going to occur, why on earth was the building so close to where past earthquakes have had a major impact on?

Why was the building not located geographically better... I am wondering
    Okay, therefore you agree that he did not do anything here to harm people after the event.

Now, what was the geographical issue here?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.