Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got into Deutsche bank GTO and rejected (for a very idiotic reason I might add) from UBS Summer Technology Intern.

AFAIK they pay the same - 3,000 a month the DB lady told me but not exactly sure how much in total I'm going to get in the 10 weeks, plus a 1,000 sign on bonus. My friends from BarCap say that they give the same salary but a 2,000 sign on bonus, but everything is exactly the same for others in Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley.

So my question is, do all banks (with the exception of barcap) pay the same? What about the companies which are currently balling the world (Goldman and JP)? Also, do business analysts get more than us techies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadhukar)
    rejected (for a very idiotic reason I might add) from UBS Summer Technology Intern.
    lol - clearly quite bitter about it - what was the stupid reason out of curiousity?

ReputationRep:
    Usually BO interns take 33K-36K gross per year, FO interns take 40-45K gross per year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadhukar)
    I got into Deutsche bank GTO and rejected (for a very idiotic reason I might add) from UBS Summer Technology Intern.

AFAIK they pay the same - 3,000 a month the DB lady told me but not exactly sure how much in total I'm going to get in the 10 weeks, plus a 1,000 sign on bonus. My friends from BarCap say that they give the same salary but a 2,000 sign on bonus, but everything is exactly the same for others in Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley.

So my question is, do all banks (with the exception of barcap) pay the same? What about the companies which are currently balling the world (Goldman and JP)? Also, do business analysts get more than us techies?
    The banks dont pay the same, but the differences are marginal. For starting analysts differences in base wont be any more than 5k.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about real salaries, but I can tell you that GS pay much higher ever for starting salaries. This is based on the fact that they appear to pay their summer interns much better than (from the previous posts) the other banks pay their starting analysts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Great)
    I don't know about real salaries, but I can tell you that GS pay much higher ever for starting salaries. This is based on the fact that they appear to pay their summer interns much better than (from the previous posts) the other banks pay their starting analysts.
    err no, GS FO Intern pay last year was £38k pro rata.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Great)
    You're completely wrong, GS interns get paid relatively low base salaries in comparison to other banks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lorchii)
    lol - clearly quite bitter about it - what was the stupid reason out of curiousity?
    In the interview stage the interviewer asked me "So what is your main interest in Computer Science [the subject that I do]? Bear in mind that this is solely a matter of opinion and we won't judge you in anyway"

OK I thought to myself, let's be honest. So I said "Network Infrastructure".

He replied "But that's back office".

I realized my mistake so I quickly changed the topic: "Yes, but I am interested in bla bla bla as well".

The next day the lady gave me feedback: "you passed all the assessments, the interviewer really liked you however he did not think you had the correct motivation for the job". So. ****ing. BS. If you're going to judge me on what I reply, atleast say so.

So from then on I learnt an important lesson: whenever someone asks me what is my main interest in Computer Science, I will say "I am interested in creating ingenious software solutions to complicated problems in the simplest, most efficient manner possible".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babafagucci)
    You're completely wrong, GS interns get paid relatively low base salaries in comparison to other banks
    GS is 42 this summer which seems to be standard.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.