Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Comic Relief 2011 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    I like him. But, his presenting on Comic relief in the first hour was bizarre and wasn't funny. It was as if he was trying to hard yet failing.
    Have you seen him on panel shows? He always tries too hard on them, it's like spontaneity is beyond him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morematterlessartx)
    Have you seen him on panel shows? He always tries too hard on them, it's like spontaneity is beyond him.
    Sometimes he is funny- 8 out of 10 cats or Would you lie to me? Sometimes it seems he tries to hard- his presenting failed on comic relief. It wasn't there-do you know what I mean.

Even the, he seems to have really take the joke out of a joke- do you know what I mean? He really sort of took a weak joke and rendered it useless.

It seems to be common for most presenter to come across as trying to hard.

ReputationRep:
    Davina is hot :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Gutted I missed the outnumbered sketch One of my fav. shows, sod you work!

Not quite the show that's on now, but did anyone watch/listen to much of Chris Moyles and Dave Vitty on Radio 1's 'Longest show ever', some of it was so funny imo

ReputationRep:
    yes really enjoyed watching radio 1 on tv ....not how i imagined the studio to be ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brap pap pap)
    Gutted I missed the outnumbered sketch One of my fav. shows, sod you work!

Not quite the show that's on now, but did anyone watch/listen to much of Chris Moyles and Dave Vitty on Radio 1's 'Longest show ever', some of it was so funny imo
    I did ! Loved it! Hopefully they get a mention tonight!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else realised the love-in between the BBC and ITV? Is something going on? I never seen so much ITV promotion on the BBC and vice versa.
    Take That- Sexed up to the max with ITV (X Factor, Loose Women, etc...) and now the BBC...

It is clear that BBC gave up on a good studio in order to get Lenny Henry to walk on hot coals.

ReputationRep:
    Geraldine and Susan.

Lovin' it. Is it released?

Trevor Mcdonald...

ReputationRep:
    This CR has been incredibly dull and not that funny... mehh might get better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    This CR has been incredibly dull and not that funny... mehh might get better
    The studio seems weird and it is not big and loud as it once was. I liked last years. A lot of effort was put in.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think Comic Relief is highly pretentious!

Yeah the stuff and the reasos they do this for an the amounts of money raised isPhenomenal.

BUT Hardly any of the money donated ever goes where it is meant to. The figures are in fact pathetic. Something like 10% gets to the actually people in need...

Isn't that far too pretentious?!

I mean I raised the money today through a massive cake sale and donated bout £10 for other events myself. t's all good fun!

But is it worth it???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spectrum~)
    That film before McFly with the little girl caring for her mum, was quite possibly the saddest comic relief story I've ever watched
    I did well though, freakin hell. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Rick Astley!!! Lol

ReputationRep:
    Was nice seeing my old school, but that's the only highlight for me. And the doctor who sketch

ReputationRep:
    Watching it now, loved the Masterchef part

A £10 set fee is a bit steep though, kind of defeats the 'please give what you can'. With the country just coming out of a recession it kind of excludes people who find themselves in not too good a financial position, but would still be willing to donate what they can afford.

BTW I donated £5 yesterday, amount the max I can afford without impacting me too much as a student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam.)
    Watching it now, loved the Masterchef part

A £10 set fee is a bit steep though, kind of defeats the 'please give what you can'. With the country just coming out of a recession it kind of excludes people who find themselves in not too good a financial position, but would still be willing to donate what they can afford.

BTW I donated £5 yesterday, amount the max I can afford without impacting me too much as a student.
    Apparently the recession in the 90s caused ITV telethon to end.

I donated as well. Some of the videos are so sad.

Strangely though, the cooks singing Rick Astley are better than JLS.

ReputationRep:
    I just donated and was rickrolled for it on BBC 2.

ReputationRep:
    i couldnt stop crying when it showed the four babies needing oxygen but they could only give it to three. :'(

ReputationRep:
    Thank you British Airways for not striking but collecting money. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snapple)
    i couldnt stop crying when it showed the four babies needing oxygen but they could only give it to three. :'(
    This. I was pretty upset as well.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.