Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I applied for dentistry and I've received an offer from the place I wanted. However, the offer is only conditional so I have no idea what to do if I miss the grades. I was wondering if it's possible to study Dentistry in Italy. I know that you can definitely do medicine in English in one of the universities in Milan but I dont know about dentistry. Also I heard about a possibility of doing it in Prague but I'm particularly interested in Italy or Spain

ReputationRep:
    http://www.md-uch.com/index.html

But as far as I know there aren't many universities that offer dentistry in English.
    Have you thought about Sweden or Norway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iluvmilka)
    Hi! I applied for dentistry and I've received an offer from the place I wanted. However, the offer is only conditional so I have no idea what to do if I miss the grades. I was wondering if it's possible to study Dentistry in Italy. I know that you can definitely do medicine in English in one of the universities in Milan but I dont know about dentistry. Also I heard about a possibility of doing it in Prague but I'm particularly interested in Italy or Spain
    I think you can do medicine at San Raffaele in Milan and in Pavia, but I've looked ont he websited and they don't do dentistry courses in english. I don't know other universities because those are the only ones I visited as I've never wanted to study in Italy! Just be aware that dentistry takes 5 years and medical courses in Italy tend to be less practical than in England (this is what i heard though, I dont have any direct experience). Anyway, you could always take a gap year and reapply next year after yo've learned the language lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limoncello)
    http://www.md-uch.com/index.html

But as far as I know there aren't many universities that offer dentistry in English.
    Have you thought about Sweden or Norway?

The school in Valencia looks amazing. However, it says that the pre-clinical part is taught in English whilst the rest is in Spanish (not good, I'd rather understand what I'm doing) plus the fees are ridiculously high!
    I haven't thought about Sweden or Norway. Do they do any courses in English?

And thank you for your help Much appreciated !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by costy)
    I think you can do medicine at San Raffaele in Milan and in Pavia, but I've looked ont he websited and they don't do dentistry courses in english. I don't know other universities because those are the only ones I visited as I've never wanted to study in Italy! Just be aware that dentistry takes 5 years and medical courses in Italy tend to be less practical than in England (this is what i heard though, I dont have any direct experience). Anyway, you could always take a gap year and reapply next year after yo've learned the language lol

You're probably right about the practical aspect. A lot of European countires don't put too much emphasis on that, instead they concentrate a bit too much on theory. Plus I'd want to go back to the UK once I graduate so studying here would be more beneficial . Thanks for help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2011

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.