Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Probably about £50 a month.

ReputationRep:
    I don't keep count of the things I buy but I've bought 10-12 things online these 2 years and have also gone out shopping so maybe about £1000 a year?? roughly that. But since I'm going uni in Sep I think I will spend more these few months.

ReputationRep:
    Usually less, but since I've entered my David & Goliath phase (and yes, I'm a bloke, but I love them and their funny designs so much), I've been buying more clothes than I usually do, if ever. I'd usually wait for America, but since I'm now at uni, I have to rely on the internet for good deals for anything else like Levi's for instance.

ReputationRep:
    I don't shop very often, probably about once or twice every few months. But when I do, I stock up, so I'll buy a whole bunch all at once. This week I've spent about a grand but I won't buy anything else for at least 2 or 3 months. Won't spend more than 2-3 grand per year on clothes.

ReputationRep:
    per year? :lolwut:
    probably many thousands of pounds!
    i can easily spend £150 a week when i can afford it.

ReputationRep:
    Easily spend around £750 a year I think, probably already done that since september to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    I spend the vast majority of my wages on clothes, but once I'm living away from home, that will most definitely stop as I'll be paying rent/bills etc.

(Original post by Elissabeth)
    I don't understand how so many people can afford UGG boots. £165 a pair! Do they even last?
    Er yes they last...

As for how much I spend it varies from 2,500€ to 3,000€ seriously it is easy to blow that kind of money on clothes through the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elissabeth)
    Hi there,

I was just wondering how much everyone spent per year on clothes?

It seems to vary hugely at university.

A winter coat always seems to be so expensive and so are a comfy pair of boots.

I don't understand how so many people can afford UGG boots. £165 a pair! Do they even last?

Thanks.

Mostly around £150 a year,..i dont know why but im at that age where i go a bit mad when it comes to shopping,

ReputationRep:
    I'm only at 6th form, but that involves no uniform.

Over a year i probably get a total of about £75 in vouchers for clothes shops and spend all of that and probably another £25 or so. (if a special event such as a wedding is happening my dad'll buy the dress but I have to wear as much as possible of stuff i already have)

This includes shoes btw.

How are you lot spending £100 a month?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zottula)
    Hmm not sure. Maybe around £30 a year. Usually goes towards replacement socks, and maybe the odd pair of jeans or a jumper. I don't really buy clothes often. It's not like I'm still growing.
    This.

(Original post by Nix-j-c)
    How are you lot spending £100 a month?
    Trust fund or Job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Blimey I'm not sure. This is what I've bought since December (off the top of my head):

£120 leather jacket (sale) *
    £25 bag (sale) *
    £70 scarf (sale) *
    £32 Nikes (sale)
    £60 denim jacket (sale)
    £40 cropped trench (discount sale website) *
    £70 for 2 t shirts
    £25 belt (sale) *
    £20 trainers (sale)
    £43 leather boots (charity shop) *

£505 total. *stuff bought in December.

Generally speaking I do a lot of shopping in/around the Summer and Christmas sales, but I do buy at other times. I'm also getting good at gauging when items will be priced down, so if I think they will be I tend to hold off on buying them (the Nikes I bought for £32 were originally £85 and I had had my eye on them for months).
    £70 for two t-shirts!!!!!!! and £43 for something from a charity shop ?!?!??!

ReputationRep:
    I've spent £0 since September on clothes. I don't really need new clothes, and I only really buy a few bits every year over the summer. >_>

ReputationRep:
    Well in the last two weeks I've spent £200 ..... it's online tbh, but I think I have a problem lol. Really my spending isn't normal, I'll buy like a £30 pair of tights and I don't even have a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nix-j-c)
    £70 for two t-shirts!!!!!!! and £43 for something from a charity shop ?!?!??!
    The T-shirts in question were limited edition designer t-shirts (and I hardly ever buy t-shirts anyway) and the boots from the charity shop were a) in excellent condition and b) a designer brand that would have cost upwards of £400 new.

No offense, but I wouldn't expect someone still at 6th form who only spends about £100 a year on clothes and shoes to understand :curious:

Oh I do have a job :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    Not much really. But yes Ugg boots last ages - i've got 2 pairs and one of them is over 4 years old

ReputationRep:
    almost certainly less than anyone else on TSR

ReputationRep:
    Per year?

Around £150-£200

I usually buy from Primark and supermarkets What? I'm cheap :p: Sometimes from Dorothy Perkins if I see something I really really like

ReputationRep:
    I spend about £100 or so in the sales mainly. I normally buy loads in the summer though when I'm working to see me through the year while I'm at uni

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.