Turn on thread page Beta

Guys & Girls: How much per year? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    Sometimes my mum loses it and insists on buying me a new jumper or new socks
    Haha. Same. Usually I will go for months without buying any clothes apart from socks and realise that my clothes are disintegrating (I'm being hyperbolic) and go out and buy some more, so maybe about £100 a year... Though I get given a lot from my aunt and mum. They don't really understand that although I am a girl I'm not into clothes.

EDIT: I lie, I'd say about £500-600

ReputationRep:
    Can't say really it can go from 0 to £40 a month. This month all I got was a new Wales shirt which was £20 and month before I got nothing

ReputationRep:
    apart from a £4 skirt i havnt brought any new clothes in forever cause im too poor. but even when im not poor i probs only spend about £200 a year on clothes and use my spare money to do fun stuff like go on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know - I rarely buy clothes anymore tbh. If I see something I like and it's within a decent price range, I might get it but half the time I don't need more clothes so I don't bother buying something I'll only wear once or twice.

ReputationRep:
    About £3500 a year. I'm a guy and not a university student.

Thought I'd add a break-up for anyone who is interested:
    About 10 polos - £900
    5 dress shirts - £800
    2 pairs of shoes - £400
    3 pairs of trousers - £250
    Underwear etc. - £150
    I usually have a suit or two stitched a year as well - £1000

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want to think about it because it will come out as TOO MUCH!

ReputationRep:
    I've spent £55 so far this year on clothes so it's going well!

Although this thread is making me realise I do actually need new clothes especially with summer coming up. But to be fair once this year is over I doubt i'll need to spend as much on clothes.

ReputationRep:
    I aim to buy clothes that last, which won't facilitate spending over and over. Not really sure how much I've spent per year because my wardrobe is sorted in such a away that I don't need to buy clothes (or at least won't after this month, really, when I have the clothes I generally need).

ReputationRep:
    I buy clothes when I grow out of my old ones. So basically £0 since I was 16 o_0

get a couple of tops each year for Christmas from my fam though

ReputationRep:
    well i thought i spent most of my money on clothes but evidently not cos i surely can't spend more than a grand a year and i earn a bit more than that

ReputationRep:
    Last year in total I probs spent £50. That's two pairs of jeans and two tops in the sales, (plus student discount, omnomnom) and this year I will have to force myself to spend money on socks (at the last count I had only 4 non-holey ones).

I don't like to buy clothes I don't genuinely need, mainly because I'm really stingy and also because I prefer to waste me cash on food items. :P

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.