Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, im not asking for anyone to be abusive or derogratory or call me some kind of pyscho gf, i just want reassurance or advice if reassurance cant be given...also this is so so long, really sorry XD but if you read it all i will sure as hell +rep you! haha

Basically my boyfriend went on a lads snowboarding holiday this year, and i was really excited for him because it was his first holiday, when he was umming and ahhing about going i full on persuaded him to go because i knew he would love it, couple of days before he goes he tells me that the 3 other guys that are going, regardless of the fact they have gfs, said they will get with someone if the opportunity arose, 'what stays on holiday etcetc', he said that wouldnt be the case for him because he would never be able to do that to me, the reassurance was good obviously, but i couldnt help worrying a bit, i mean, theres 4 guys out drinking and three of them are kinda looking for it, and then 4 girls see these 3 guys looking for it, why would the 4th girl not try it on with the 4th guy..if you see what i mean? And its not that i dont trust him at all, im at uni 300 miles away from him and its working perfectly, i just dont trust the way some girls would whore themselves out after a drink, and could be led on by the 3 other guys...ANYWAY i tried to put this to the back of my mind and he went on holiday, he came back and i saw him and everything was fine he reassured me that nothing had happened, none of the guys went near any girls, and he was just glad to be back with me and that was that, it hasnt been spoken of since. Cut to today when one of the other guys now ex gfs poses me this question on fb:

(ive taken out names as i know some people on here)

[Her]
    right, i hate doing this. but i need to ask you a really awkward question, and if you dont want to answer i completely understand but if you can answer i swear to god no1 will ever know that you have and i wont tell anyone lol.

[You]
    riiight
    intriguing
    haha go on

[Her]
    haha.... okay. as you probably know me and X are split up
    and it is well and truly done.
    like i wouldnt go back there if you paid me in shoes.
    but i really need to know how much he cheated on me on thier holiday lol.
    im well aware that he did.
    but its racing around my mind at break neck speed
    and if you can just put my mind at ease it would really help.

[You]
    ohh err, well 100% honest with you i didnt think he had :s what makes you aware?

[Her]
    iv seen the pictures. and he told me hes 90% sure he did. beautiful stuff :/

[You]
    have you asked him outright? or was that when he said 90%?What pictures are these?!

[Her]
    lol. yeah iv asked him outright multiple times and he lied constantly.
    then he slept with her behind my back and still lied to me about it now even though we werent together.

[You]
    why is he even lying? slept with who?!? someone on their holiday?!

[Her]
    yeah
    someone from their holiday, on holiday

So yeah, now im kinda worrying a bit why would my bf lie that none of them went near any girls when it obviously isnt true! All 4 boys were sharing a room so obviously hed have noticed if he came in late and they would have spoken about it, or seen something happening in the night, my bfs not completely ignorant...but i dont understand why he didnt just tell me? If he had told me when he reassured me then that would be that no questions asked, id have appreciated him just being truthful about them all, and he knows i wouldnt have said anything to the guys gf because, well, i just wouldnt have

ahhhh i dont know what to think! I need an outsiders perspective on this one because im so caught up in what she's told me i dont want to totally overreact at him or even say anything if its just not worth it :s

thankssss xxx

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he was worried you'd tell the guys girlfriend, or didn't want to get involved? Don't accuse him of anything, but maybe ask him what you asked us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    Maybe he was worried you'd tell the guys girlfriend, or didn't want to get involved? Don't accuse him of anything, but maybe ask him what you asked us.
    Mm i guess so, its just weird cos it didnt involve him but the fact that he went to the effort to say that none of them went near any girls just confuses me, why would he bother? How can i ask him in a way that doesnt make me sound like i dont trust him?! i spose in a way theres a tiny part of me that doesnt, and i always have before this! but i dont want him to get annoyed at me for worrying about it :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahoward)
    Mm i guess so, its just weird cos it didnt involve him but the fact that he went to the effort to say that none of them went near any girls just confuses me, why would he bother? How can i ask him in a way that doesnt make me sound like i dont trust him?! i spose in a way theres a tiny part of me that doesnt, and i always have before this! but i dont want him to get annoyed at me for worrying about it :s
    Maybe he thought you would doubt him if he told you about his friend? I think you should just speak to him, I mean he has lied so you have grounds to ask questions??

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because he knew this is how you would react and didn't want to cause any unnecessary problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    Maybe because he knew this is how you would react and didn't want to cause any unnecessary problems?
    He wouldnt have known that though, weve never had any problems like this, like i said were doing LDR and theres NEVER been an issue, like literally never which is why i dont get it

ReputationRep:
    you don't snitch on your mates, that's all there is to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahoward)
    He wouldnt have known that though, weve never had any problems like this, like i said were doing LDR and theres NEVER been an issue, like literally never which is why i dont get it
    Maybe he assumed you'll react like that anyway? It doesn't necessarily mean he thinks you're the kind of person who would, he probably just doesn't want to risk any problems.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.