Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all I'm in a right mess I need to get a A in Biology to get into Uni, buuuuuuuut, i am really really bad at practical skills :'( so i need to ask if anyone know any books or resources which can help with my practical skills??

Any advise will massively help me, thanks

ReputationRep:
    subbing!!

ReputationRep:
    Practical skills are pretty self explanatory- and in reality, not entirely essential.

You see, even in the ISA, your practical will only carry a small amount of marks. Knowing about how science works and the topic at hand will usually carry far more marks.

Plus, examined practicals have near fool proof instructions with step by step guides. And don't be afraid to ask your teacher if you think you're going wrong- they may not be allowed to help with questions, but they can help you with a failing practical!

ReputationRep:
    I use youtube a lot to watch the experiments over and over again so I feel confident about what I am doing.

Are you going to do a science degree? because you do realise that you will me assessed on you practical skills a lot on a science course dont you?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.