Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Like Jane Norman. Just been on their website and it's a Women's clothes store and they have a vacancy up.
    I'm a male, should I just give it a go?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definately. I work in a womans clothes shop and we have a couple of males on our members of staff. The only thing is sometimes the duties will alter, i.e in my shop its company policy not to put males on fitting room duty but they will do more lifting around the stock room.

just make sure if you get invited to interview you've done loads of research into the company and know what their new clothes are called/what goes good together. Whenever I've had interviews for clothes shops I have always had to put an outfit together for a brief, so, so long as your comfortable with womens fashion it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I know in my town there are plenty of male workers in female shops, just like there are some with only women working in all-mens stores.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.