Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

I left it all until now. I am doing 4 AS levels and did no work throughout the year and cannot bearr to have to resit or be recommended another type of course such as BTEC , as I know I can do a levels if I work hard.

Can I still get grades B and A if I work hard from tonight. My exams are all around the 20th may. I am willing to put in 100% I feel scared as my senior tutors said it looks like I am going to fial and my mum is quite concerned and said it doesnt look well.

All I want is a minimum of grade B's and turn this around. Some A grades would be very appreciated and encouraging too.

Please help as so many people have done so much dfor me and I do not want to let them nor myself down.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the maths as in my sig. I stopped teaching myself this until september.

ReputationRep:
    we cant help you , your thick in your head it is all about you. why you doing a levels, you deserve to fail

ReputationRep:
    your gcse grades are weak, sorry but you wont pass your a level
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
    Ignore the maths as in my sig. I stopped teaching myself this until september.
    If you get say really high A's (and it can be done, someone got all Cs and D's at GCSE and got AAA at A level) then you have a good chance

If you want any more advice, PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abassk)
    your gcse grades are weak, sorry but you wont pass your a level
    See my GCSEs

See my A-Level grades

OP - Yeah, you can get high grades. A-Levels are about work, intelligence isn't a prerequisite.

Revision is key. Revise the textbook, learn the textbook, apply whats in the textbook to past papers. Keep revising and doing past papers until you can do past papers to a high grade without using your notes. You can learn the material in the time left between now and your exams.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Perhaps you should stop wasting so much time on here and get your head in a book mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Oh dear. Perhaps you should stop wasting so much time on here and get your head in a book mate.
    This. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    what subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    *gulp* Im in the same position and it can definately be done!
    Start NOW though. Iv only been teaching myself for a few weeks and its already paying off. Iv gone from knowing zilch, to being well on my way to an A in bio, chem and psych. Maths is the only thing im worried about :s

ReputationRep:
    Off course you can.

If your first exam is on the 20th you have 8 weeks to revise. I know weeks go really quick but come on, still there is alot of time.

Make a timetable and have set date you have to learn everything for all exams. I started last week (thursday), I have set myself 3 weeks before my first exam which is also the 20th to finish everything. The three weeks will allow me to go through everthing and work through past papers.

I have pretty much worked through all my economics unit 1 in a week, but that is because I already knew most of it as I did it for Jan exam.

Also it would depend on how many exams you have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abassk)
    we cant help you , your thick in your head it is all about you. why you doing a levels, you deserve to fail
    Says the retard who cannot string together , a coherent sentence.

*You're not Your
    *Make more use of your punctuation so people know what **** you are saying mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    For once I actually agree with you. Wasted nearly a whole year of my life. Hope I turn it around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shellfish002)
    what subjects are you doing?
    biology.
    chemistry
    physics
    english language and literature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smirnoff)
    biology.
    chemistry
    physics
    english language and literature
    For Biology & Chemistry, learn the concepts thoroughly and do all past papers. I'm assuming the same for Physics. It is mainly about past papers BUT you really can't do past papers till you finished the content so maybe do it side by side, do a topic, get all the exam questions on that topic and do it for every one. What exam boards are you on for Bio & Chem?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else studying for AS and want video revision chat oline PM me!!! we can arrange it
    kype or summin with webcam or do wthout if you like.

Thanks If I get out of this alive: TSR Credits for all who helped me
    (Original post by LifeIsGood)
    For Biology & Chemistry, learn the concepts thoroughly and do all past papers. I'm assuming the same for Physics. It is mainly about past papers BUT you really can't do past papers till you finished the content so maybe do it side by side, do a topic, get all the exam questions on that topic and do it for every one. What exam boards are you on for Bio & Chem?

Thanks . I do Edexcel SNAB Biology. OCR Salters Chemistry B

(Original post by kingshan16)
    Off course you can.

If your first exam is on the 20th you have 8 weeks to revise. I know weeks go really quick but come on, still there is alot of time.

Make a timetable and have set date you have to learn everything for all exams. I started last week (thursday), I have set myself 3 weeks before my first exam which is also the 20th to finish everything. The three weeks will allow me to go through everthing and work through past papers.

I have pretty much worked through all my economics unit 1 in a week, but that is because I already knew most of it as I did it for Jan exam.

Also it would depend on how many exams you have.
    I have nine exams. I am postponing my C1 Maths,M1 Mechanics and GCSE math resits for after this exam erie. Otherwise I would just be asking for failiure. Considering I do have Oxbridge in my heart. If I get good UMS I an get in to Cambridge , maybe or rather defo not Oxford but Cam is a pos.

(Original post by ilickbatteries)
    See my GCSEs

See my A-Level grades

OP - Yeah, you can get high grades. A-Levels are about work, intelligence isn't a prerequisite.

Revision is key. Revise the textbook, learn the textbook, apply whats in the textbook to past papers. Keep revising and doing past papers until you can do past papers to a high grade without using your notes. You can learn the material in the time left between now and your exams.
    Thank ilb. You got those grades and offers. I thought I was a write off once before with my GCSE's alone. Let's hope I dn't get any U grades because I have this tendency to feel reaaal depressed , and mea I think it is proper depression when I **** up big time. GCSE's felt terrible until late September. I had a Panel meeting. Bucked up my ideas went out all depressed then happy n buzzing to do work now i come home feeling like a lump of watert cow's ****.
    You licked too many batteries
    Saving my rep for you guy for when I get more rep power

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.