Turn on thread page Beta

Say NO to Grey Joggers! watch

ReputationRep:
    My eyes bleed whenever I see one!! Gosh, joggers are for jogging only.. Please don't wear them to town for a date or shopping... :mad:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Meh.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent contribution for a second post :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I think guys can look quite fit in a pair of grey joggers!
    But to a date...god no, suit up, be a man!

ReputationRep:
    i have a pair

for the gym...

ReputationRep:
    why do you care what people wear? why let yourself get worked up by it? jeez some people are tragic.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even wear them for jogging tbph. They'd be OK for lounging around in, but I wouldn't be caught dead in them in public :o:

ReputationRep:
    Whilst fair enough people can wear what they like .......

Grey joggers and crocs do top the "OH GOD MY EYES" list.

ReputationRep:
    Who are you to tell me what to wear?

I wear grey joggers every day simply because they're comfortable and I don't give a flying funk about being 'trendy'.

If people want to judge me based on the clothes I wear then they are not worth befriending.

EDIT:

I hasten to add, that they are just plain grey joggers. No stripes, no numbers, no fancy decals - no nothing. Just plain bog standard, run of the mill, average grey joggers.

ReputationRep:
    ooft, a guy in grey joggers, a pair of awesome trainers, a polo shirt and a beanie hat. OMNOMNOMNOM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    I wouldn't even wear them for jogging tbph. They'd be OK for lounging around in, but I wouldn't be caught dead in them in public :o:
    Definitely this. I think laws should be implemented to prevent the abhorrent sight of such trousers that are worn extremely low, though. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Fine for casual wear, sports, going to supermarket

Obv wouldn't wear to meet friends/on a date.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's me out of business...:sad:

ReputationRep:
    I've just invested in a pair of FILA grey joggers, wearing them as we speak.. mmmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    I think guys can look quite fit in a pair of grey joggers!
    But to a date...god no, suit up, be a man!
    Chav.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were supposed to wear what you felt comfortable in? no reason to round telling people to change their clothes because you don't like them. (and you'd probably get a punch in the face too, i know i'd hate someone telling me that my clothes look like crap :P)

ReputationRep:
    While I think they're not that great to look at either, I do find it funny how it is looked down upon when you speak ill of someone who wears goth/emo/punk clothes because everyone should wear what they want, but when it comes to lounging clothes or workout clothes it is suddenly socially unacceptable (to wear that sort of thing).
    I'm not judging or trying to start an argument, I'm just curious as to why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GBateman)
    If people want to judge me based on the clothes I wear then they are not worth befriending.
    This. Personally, I spend a hell of a lot of money on clothes but that doesn't mean I go around looking at people in traccies and judging them. Clothes don't say anything about a person. And quite frankly I'm surprised by the amount of judgement on this thread.

People can wear whatever they want to. It's this thing called freedom. And there's really quite no need for such snobbery about what someone wears.

ReputationRep:
    YES

I wear my grey pair/s most of the time. I wouldn't wear them to a restaurant date, no but I would wear them if I was taking a girl to the cinema or something.

EDIT: I see I've been reprimanded by the TSR fashion police. The poster below me got pos rep for saying people are entitled to wear what they want. I mention how I like to wear joggers and get negged for it, hmm...

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with wearing them for shopping? If people want to tramp around the shops for hours, I reckon they are entitled to wear what the hell they want if thats comfy. Why does it matter to you what other people are wearing?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.