The Student Room Group

Do you have to be 18 to work at Odeon?

Hi, I was just wondering if you have to be 18 to work part time at Odeon? Since I got an interview coming up and i'm 16 (nearly 17) and need to know if this is going to be a problem. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
It shouldn't be a problem.. I've worked in cinemas before where they've taken on under 18's, you just won't be able to work the closes. At one of them, they literally waited for this guy to turn 18 and his first shift after his birthday was a close lol
Reply 2
lol lucky him :P Thanks for replying :smile:
Original post by James01
lol lucky him :P Thanks for replying :smile:

Which odeon did you apply to ? :P
Reply 4
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
Which odeon did you apply to ? :P

In Chelmsford, its a group interview i think
Original post by aleathiel
It shouldn't be a problem.. I've worked in cinemas before where they've taken on under 18's, you just won't be able to work the closes. At one of them, they literally waited for this guy to turn 18 and his first shift after his birthday was a close lol

What does "working the closes" mean? Sorry if I sound dumb, but I've never heard of that before.
You get free popcorn so IMO it's the best job ever.
Reply 7
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
What does "working the closes" mean? Sorry if I sound dumb, but I've never heard of that before.

oh I just mean the late shifts, so I've done closes before that were till 3am but the cinema I work at it's generally till 12 or 12:30 :smile:
Reply 8
I work at the Odeon and I was told you can't work there unless you're 18. I think it's something to do with the fact that you're selling 18 tickets (sort of like you can't sell cigarettes unless you're 18) and you have to check screens periodically and there'll be 18 rated films you need to sit in.
Reply 9
you have to be 18 to work at odeon, i know that for sure as ive got lots of friends who work there but couldnt get a job till they were 18
Reply 10
I study at university and work at the local odeon near there. I go home for holidays which is 30 miles away. Do Odeon have a right to insist I work extra hours during holidays?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending