Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone works out six days a week? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does it get easier? I feel like six gays have been up my ass, my legs and backside hurt so much. My upper body is coping quite well, but after the leg workout wednesday where I did 5 sets of squats then 5 sets of 16 lunges and then 5 sets of 8 leg curls and finishing off my calves, and then doing 3 sets of stiff legged deadlifts and good mornings and finally my abs, And while I coped okay with my back and chest workout thursday today I struggled with doing my shoulders, arms and abs, and I know this is from wednesday's leg workout. My mother thinks Iam insane. Iam also running 5 days a week.

My ass hurts so much I can't go out drinking tonight as sitting down is hard without a big seat cushion and walking hurts. I am planning to get boozed up tomorrow night and then Iam back in the gym sunday late morning for the dreaded leg workout.

Iam not new to the gym,but Iam new to six day workouts, as I want to compete in regional amateur bodybuilding contests. I don't want to go into professional bodybuilding,but I love the gym and I enjoy working out despite this. I do these workouts as well as go to uni and work part time on the door.I often go to the gym straight after work early morning as the gym owner has given me a key as he is well impressed with me even before I started the six days a week workouts.

This is blowing my own trumpet though, as right now Iam siting proped up on a cushion trying to avoid movement. Does it get easier?

ReputationRep:
    i think thats a bit too much tbh.

Hey 5 days is good too!

ReputationRep:
    I do 6 days, 4 days weights 2 days boxing, I wouldn't fancy doing 6 days of weights...

ReputationRep:
    I've never worked out and am not intending to any time in the near future but I'm pretty sure you leave two or three days out to rest so your muscles can repair.

ReputationRep:
    I do six days of running a week. Looking to work in three days of weights a week at some point.

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing 6 days a week for about 6 months now. (3 days weights, 3 days cardio). It does get easier..but it is very exhausting!

ReputationRep:
    I do 5 (and that is twice a day) and I'm going to add in a morning hike at the weekend - but due to injury I'm not allowed to do lift heavy, so it's different.

If you're doing quite a lot of cardio, it is tiring but doable. If you are trying to bulk , then it would be counterproductive.

ReputationRep:
    I only do 4 days a week or 5 if i'm doing cardio twice a week...

But 6 days lifting and 5 days running is insane....
    I'd say cut down on both running and lifting if you wanna do both...
    Do something like 4 days lifiting and 3 days running with a complete rest day or two...

ReputationRep:
    Seems way to much, remember that you only put on muscle when you are resting.

ReputationRep:
    Work physiology says that after exercise muscles need some time to repair muscle damage occured during the exercises. This repairing procedure is essential for the muscle fibers to get thicker(the number of muscle fibers don't change) and thus making the muscles stronger and bigger. It is better to exercise 3-4 times per week (cardio and weights) and rest the remaining. You ll see better results sooner.

ReputationRep:
    I do 6 days of weights, tis not a problem but if you are bodybuilding you probably need to make your split more optimal for performance and cut down on the running.
    Most BB use the cross trainer or stationary bike as it is easier on the legs than running

ReputationRep:
    I work out 6 days a week and then take 1 day off, it gets easier as you do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    I do 6 days of weights, tis not a problem but if you are bodybuilding you probably need to make your split more optimal for performance and cut down on the running.
    Most BB use the cross trainer or stationary bike as it is easier on the legs than running
    Walking too seems to be very popular

ReputationRep:
    I workout 6 days a week with weights. 3days split so every body part is worked twice a week with a 72hour rest between. If u wonna bulk cut the cardio till u get abit bigger than u want too be then cut the fat by reintroducing the cardio. Stairs machines are a favourite of most body builders. running is too much knee impact especially when they weight 120-160kgs. 6 days a week is fine but diet is 70% of the process 30% is the sweat and pain u put in in the gym. u need too be getting 2g's of protein for every 1lb of ur body weight. and clean carbs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addylad)
    I do six days of running a week. Looking to work in three days of weights a week at some point.
    Aaaah, I used to do this. Road running or do you use a treadmill? If the former, a warning...Your knees are gonna start protesting at some point. Reeeeally protesting.

I tend to work out 5 or 6 days a week, depending on how I feel. It helps to listen to your body. If you're in agony your muscles may need more time off to heal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinthe)
    Aaaah, I used to do this. Road running or do you use a treadmill? If the former, a warning...Your knees are gonna start protesting at some point. Reeeeally protesting.

I tend to work out 5 or 6 days a week, depending on how I feel. It helps to listen to your body. If you're in agony your muscles may need more time off to heal.
    Yep, road running. Not had a problem so far. I was going for three 50-mile weeks in a row, but this week (my third) I picked up a hamstring strain. I'm now resting it to be safe.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, road running. Not had a problem so far. I was going for three 50-mile weeks in a row, but this week (my third) I picked up a hamstring strain. I'm now resting it to be safe.
    You have to be careful since it can be rather like whiplash...doesn't start kicking in 'til you're older. I'm basing this on the state of my dad's knees...however, 50-mile weeks is very impressive

ReputationRep:
    Do you do much running?
    You have to be careful since it can be rather like whiplash...doesn't start kicking in 'til you're older. I'm basing this on the state of my dad's knees...however, 50-mile weeks is very impressive

ReputationRep:
    Do you do much running?
    Aye, I do, but I'm still at the half-marathon stage (got one on Sunday!). Building up to a marathon. I road-run once a week and then swim or cycle t'other 4 or 5 days. Sometimes I hit the gym, but treadmills = dull.

When I was 18-21 I used to road-run a crazy amount, like 5 days a week. But that, combined with regularly wearing heels on a night out, was starting to misshape my feet a little and then my knees hurt so I figured I oughta ease up (makes my legs look good though!)

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I do, but I'm still at the half-marathon stage (got one on Sunday!). Building up to a marathon. I road-run once a week and then swim or cycle t'other 4 or 5 days. Sometimes I hit the gym, but treadmills = dull.

When I was 18-21 I used to road-run a crazy amount, like 5 days a week. But that, combined with regularly wearing heels on a night out, was starting to misshape my feet a little and then my knees hurt so I figured I oughta ease up (makes my legs look good though!)
    Awesome, what's your PB? I went through 13.1 miles in 89 minutes on a long run, felt good because I'm not training for it. :p: Do you have a target time for the marathon?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.