Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey TSR,

I have an upcoming fancy dress where the theme is 70's and 80's and I was wondering what ideas people had for musicians from the 70's and 80's?

I was thinking maybe freddie mercury or gene simmons from kiss (I'm a guy by the way!)

Any potential ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I think ABBA and platforms instantly.

ReputationRep:
    Afro, bell bottoms and paisley shirts.

Don't forget the moustache!

ReputationRep:
    ADAM ANT :love:
    Militarywear (doesn't have to be expensive), tiny plait above your eye, white stripe across the nose and you're away. For added authenticity, go on about how you aren't ******* New Romantic, give your phone number to eeeeverybody, and talk about how you were always ******* punk and you hate ******* Bowie. (I do love him, but Current Adam makes me sad)

Pete Burns
    Easier than it looks. Buy a ton of purple fabric and pin it around yourself, get an eyepatch, buy any female wig with long hair, crimp it, and clip half of it in a fan shape behind your left ear.

Marc Almond
    If you have short hair then wave it a bit, drown yourself in eyeliner, put on some black clothes, and get leering.

Boy George
    Finnd anything baggy with Japanese writing on, layer a baggy black waistcoat over the top, get a long wig and tie tiny bits of ribbon in. Preferably also a hat.

Phil Oakey
    Wear a smart outfit, lipstick and eyeliner, buy a wig of a bob and chop one side off.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Gene Simmons! You could also go as Alice Cooper or just a random hair metal band member.

Or you can go not as a musician. Sonny Crockett from Miami Vice would be pretty cool (or Ricardo Tubbs if you're black).

ReputationRep:
    Gene Simmons is pretty cool.
    I had a fancy dress party just last week and one of my class mates can dressed up as a Kiss member,
    full on leather outfit and the black and white face make-up.
    It looked very convincing, except that leather trousers apparently hurt after a while ()

ReputationRep:
    Bon jovi would be good if you're blonde?

ReputationRep:
    Go for a generic glam metal band. Big hair and aviators cant go far wrong

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.