Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have signed an offer from UBS, but since I only received a email from my graduate recruiter about would I consider to start the program early. However, when I send him a email about some questions I have and there is no reply from him.

I wonder is that normal? and what should I do? This makes me feel very insecure about the job offer, because I already rejected other offers from other Banks....

ReputationRep:
    You have SIGNED a contract... probably he is only busy or maybe out of office... How long have you been waiting?
    Or maybe he does not work there anymore. It happend to me once... I think you should pick up the phone and try to call him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruel3a)
    You have SIGNED a contract... probably he is only busy or maybe out of office... How long have you been waiting?
    I had sent a email a month ago but no reply (but after a week I tell him that I have solved the questions). Also two days ago I send a very short email(only a question about what position I will be assigned to), but up til now still no reply...

I mean if he did reply me the email I sent a month ago that would makes me feel better... but I have never heart anything back from him

Thanks, I think if I still get no help I will contact the other recruiter (from assessment center) and see how it goes

ReputationRep:
    I think you should not worry. They maybe are following hundreds of interns and simply do not respond to certain type of email (ie.: asking your position, last year I was told mine 2 weeks before the start of the program).
    If you have signed the contract you could just relax :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruel3a)
    I think you should not worry. They maybe are following hundreds of interns and simply do not respond to certain type of email (ie.: asking your position, last year I was told mine 2 weeks before the start of the program).
    If you have signed the contract you could just relax :-)
    Thanks This makes me feel so much better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franklee006)
    I have signed an offer from UBS, but since I only received a email from my graduate recruiter about would I consider to start the program early. However, when I send him a email about some questions I have and there is no reply from him.

I wonder is that normal? and what should I do? This makes me feel very insecure about the job offer, because I already rejected other offers from other Banks....
    That is normal. Best way to get in touch with em is to ring em up. YOu'll probably get their mailbox pretty often, so try again some other time.

ReputationRep:
    If you are emailing a personal email address there is always the possibility that he has left UBS.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.