Turn on thread page Beta

My brother is self harming... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabeteacher)
    I agree with you about saying your not going to do it again but you do (the amout of times ive tried to stop) but i think that it really depends on the person to see what will work for them. Some people need the in your face approach(but still not too harsh) but some need people who will take it slower.
    :/ Agreed

I still like the idea of making failures feel like failures: Seriously am I the only sadistic arse who absoloutely hates people who bring things on themselves and expect people to help them? I mean seriously...

ReputationRep:
    At least now you have more options on what to get him for his birthday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeWantConsultant)
    :/ Agreed

I still like the idea of making failures feel like failures: Seriously am I the only sadistic arse who absoloutely hates people who bring things on themselves and expect people to help them? I mean seriously...
    Are you a failure because you dont have the ability to cope... If you make a failure feel like a failure some will take the challenge and show that they can change while some will just accept it and carryon with what they were doing. But if you told them the positive about themselves and build their confidence then they will feel like they have the strength to try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabeteacher)
    Are you a failure because you dont have the ability to cope... If you make a failure feel like a failure some will take the challenge and show that they can change while some will just accept it and carryon with what they were doing. But if you told them the positive about themselves and build their confidence then they will feel like they have the strength to try.
    If you break him then his weak. If he surpasses all expectations then his good for the job. Its the route I use when taking in new interns in the hospital.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with cutting as long as it's usually not permanent harm. Don't try and discourage him, he'll only resent you for trying to stop him from acting out his only channel of release. Maybe start helping him with the root of his problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    There's nothing wrong with cutting as long as it's usually not permanent harm. Don't try and discourage him, he'll only resent you for trying to stop him from acting out his only channel of release. Maybe start helping him with the root of his problems.
    Are you kidding? Cutting can leave life long scars and those scars tend to expand as you grow older and leave your hands without any function. Its also extreamly possible for one sullen idiot to accidently cut an artery: Even if the ambulances were to arrive to his house only minutes after it as such, he would have alread blead out.

ReputationRep:
    stop his pocket money

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.