Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Burkha Controversy - Now Sikhism watch

• View Poll Results: Should the Kirpan be banned?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okapobcfc08)
    ok mate spelling mistakes i meant pieces but what chill out two seconds and jus think about what your writing. Does a Sikh of the Khalsa consider this religion more important then the law of the land. Yes. Though again, through lack of research, you failed to recognised that SIkhism actualy does incorparate the law of the land. In fact, you sound like the congress press machine that was in operation in India in 1984, making out like Sikhs were a threat and did not care for the law. Mate, seriously, dont not talk to me about law and order, when 250,000 Sikhs are not not living in this world anymore, and no guy has stood in court to answer. Do not talk to me about law mate!!
    Religion says carrying your pen knife.

Law of the land says dont.

What do Sikhs do, go and change the law for themselves. Thats not respect, thats pissing all over the law.

And dont do a holocaust on me FFS; its completely unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGuillotine)
    1) Then they're ****ing irrelevant to the discussion!
    2) That's not the point. The point is the principle that a potentially lethal weapon (because lets not beat around the bush, thats what it is) is allowed to be carried around by one section of society and not the rest. It's inequality, and there is no room for **** like this in Britain.

What you and your friends need to understand, is that I fully understand that its part of your religion (thought why any religion should require their followers to be armed as a sign of piety is another issue), and that its very important to you, and that Sikhs have done much good for this country, but at the end of the day, I don't believe you guys are special, and I dont think you should be subjected to special treatment.

Yell ignorance all you want, I know why you guys wear it, what Im saying is that there is no justifiable reason in a secular democracy like the country we live in to be walking around with a ****ing dagger in your pocket.
    you are being really quite rude and disrespectful to something which is very very important to the sikh faith

funny how the mods don't edit out your sac-religious comments, you arrogant ****

ReputationRep:
    OP started his/her own controversy of wearing the kirpan without there even being one......it's like moving on to exploit the next religion, what next after Sikhism, Buddhism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    OP started his/her own controversy of wearing the kirpan without there even being one......it's like moving on to exploit the next religion, what next after Sikhism, Buddhism?
    the OP simply wants to divert the "hate-bandwagon" from Islam to Sikhism...

pathetic considering the hate-bandwagon has never hit Sikhism for one good reason....Respect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh993)
    you are being really quite rude and disrespectful to something which is very very important to the sikh faith

funny how the mods don't edit out your sac-religious comments, you arrogant ****
    Cry me a Ganges.

ReputationRep:
    Religion says carrying your pen knife.

Law of the land says dont.

What do Sikhs do, go and change the law for themselves. Thats not respect, thats pissing all over the law.

And dont do a holocaust on me FFS; its completely unnecessary.
    Nah nah fairly play to my man, if he realises there was a holocaust then thats impressive. I take it back, not the right place. Mate but what you dont get is this. Sikhs are very interconnected with their religion. What you dont seem to see the importance of is that the 10th master gave Sikhs the command to wear this article. Are you saying we should disobey him. Research the 10th master of the Sikhs, and you will be taken aback. One Historian writes "If the 10th Master of the Sikhs was born in Europe, all of Europe would be Sikh". No, and I mean no Sikh will go against the 10th master, and I'm pretty proud of that fact. Also, there is no length or credible evidence to oppose the Kirpan being banned on the reason of being dangerous. Finally, you need to just take a step back, and recognise that the Kirpan is a very very fundamental part of your religion, and with all due respect, it is because of people like you that are causing mockerys of our religion, with Turbans being searched for carrying bombs. Yeah, thats how great the law of the land is ey!!

ReputationRep:
    Integration? there are hardly any real Sikhs around anymore, because of integration!!!! not necessarily a good/bad thing, but shows how Sikhs take account of the country they live in

ReputationRep:
    Cry me a Ganges.
    Say that to a Hindu, that's their sacred river.

ReputationRep:
    Cry me a Ganges.
    Go scuttle back to your gutter, you filthy piece of uneducated trash!!

The ganges is the Hindu sacred river....

Knowledge fail...haha

retard.com

ReputationRep:
    Cry me a Ganges.
    mate I was speaking to you with respect, but that comment is inhumane and to be fair quite degrading., and Im about to lose all respect for you (which is a lot) I insist you take it back like I did with my 1984 reference.

ReputationRep:
    1) Then they're ****ing irrelevant to the discussion!
    2) That's not the point. The point is the principle that a potentially lethal weapon (because lets not beat around the bush, thats what it is) is allowed to be carried around by one section of society and not the rest. It's inequality, and there is no room for **** like this in Britain.

What you and your friends need to understand, is that I fully understand that its part of your religion (thought why any religion should require their followers to be armed as a sign of piety is another issue), and that its very important to you, and that Sikhs have done much good for this country, but at the end of the day, I don't believe you guys are special, and I dont think you should be subjected to special treatment.

Yell ignorance all you want, I know why you guys wear it, what Im saying is that there is no justifiable reason in a secular democracy like the country we live in to be walking around with a ****ing dagger in your pocket.
    Okay, cool. Chill. Go for a walk or something.
    Better now? Now read...

I dont understand how Sikhs are getting special treatment. No one said, that Kirpans are banned, in the first place. When the knife ban came out, no one said that this ban involves kirpans too. If they had, we wouldn't be having this discussion. No one is saying that Sikhs are above the law- no one is saying the Sikhs are better than everyone else, okay? Lets just get that straight first.
    Now, since, you seem to feel about this situation, very passionately, instead of swearing on TSR, why dont you go do something about it? Go write a letter to the parliament or something...i dont know? There are always loop holes in the law- if you have such a problem with it, go to the government, dont get angry at the Sikhs-they didnt say ' im never letting go of my kirpan because i am above the law'..because, at present there is no such law.

ReputationRep:
    Cry me a Ganges.
    :facepalm2:
    At least get your insults right first, please.

ReputationRep:
    Me being of Sikh background, I can't remember the last time I even saw someone wear a kirpan anyway (apart from once a year at a Sikh religious festival in April)

ReputationRep:
    Go scuttle back to your gutter, you filthy piece of uneducated trash!!

The ganges is the Hindu sacred river....

Knowledge fail...haha

retard.com
    lol killa

ReputationRep:
    mate I was speaking to you with respect, but that comment is inhumane and to be fair quite degrading., and Im about to lose all respect for you (which is a lot) I insist you take it back like I did with my 1984 reference.
    Far enough. Im done here.

ReputationRep:
    Far enough. Im done here.
    ok thats acceptable, guys leave it now yh, dont wana give the impressionwe cry 1984 everytime we lose a discussion

ReputationRep:
    ok thats acceptable, guys leave it now yh, dont wana give the impressionwe cry 1984 everytime we lose a discussion
    Let's start a grammar debate.

Use capitals and learn how to spell.

Oh Singggggggggggggggh!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    Let's start a grammar debate.

Use capitals and learn how to spell.

Oh Singggggggggggggggh!!
    lol mate when man is in the heat of the moment, he can go overboard on his keyboard make easy mistakes, hopefully people get the gist of what i say

ReputationRep:
    though at this time I think we should pay tribute and our respect to the latest in a lengthly list of Sikh Heroes, Sukhwinder Singh, who was stabbed January last year when chasing thieves.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ja...tabbing-london

ReputationRep:
    the OP simply wants to divert the "hate-bandwagon" from Islam to Sikhism...

pathetic considering the hate-bandwagon has never hit Sikhism for one good reason....Respect
    I am not trying to divert attention from Islam to Sikhism. Islam disgusts me and many of it's practices are not compatible with a secular democracy (most TSRians seem to agree from past discussions on the topic). However now it is time to broaden the scope to all religions and their practices which are not compatible such as carrying a knife in public places. Once we break the taboo that is Islam we can then move on to the taboos of other religions.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.