Turn on thread page Beta

why would a guy do this? it doesn't make sense. aargh :( watch

in short, theres a guy at work who seems to fancy me. he always flirts/shows signs of liking me such as touching me, staring at me, stuff he says/way he says it etc.

i knew he was married so i kept back as i don't fancy him but think he is a nice guy. nothing more. he took me for drinks last week, but over text etc he's very bland and only shows interest at work/real life.

i found out through someone yesterday that his wife is pregnant since february. in february he got me a rose for valentines and was telling me that his wife is at the last straw with him etc.

why did he do this? now she's pregnant, does it mean he doesn't like me? or is it not really relevant, as he may be bedding her whilst thinking of me.....??!?(lol)

ReputationRep:
    he's married, so it's irrelevant. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    he's married, just stay away from him.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god its you again. You are ALWAYS going on about this guy at work who gave you a rose for valentines day. Get over it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't be a home wrecker you slut. You make me sick.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? He's married and is expecting a child. Even if he did like you, is that mess really what you get yourself into? Especially given that you don't even fancy him.

Im my honest opinion, it sounds a bit like you just like the attention and the fact that he may like you. Your not really taking divorce/affair/children etc into consideration.

Would you really want to date someone who flirts with girls when he is married and has a child on the way? If you find that appealing go ahead, but it doesn't sound worth it to me.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you're really hot

ReputationRep:
    he's married and so u should steer clear from him and not make it obvious that u like him so he wont be lead on

ReputationRep:
    Please don't ruin this kids chance with it's father because a stupid affair that you want to cause.

(Original post by Limesasquatch)
    maybe you're really hot
    yeah i am apparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yeah i am apparently
    me too :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yeah i am apparently
    Then you shouldn't have a problem finding a single guy who is not married and is not about to become a father. Yes?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.