Turn on thread page Beta

I've just found out my best friend is on the **** list watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    A **** list is usually made by a group of friends. One guy starts with a name of a girl who he thinks is a ****, text messages or BBMs it to the next person, who adds a girl to the list, who forwards it etc, etc, etc. There's no defined finishing point really, it's just usually until one of the girls takes her anger at being on the list on one of the boys who made the list.

Don't neg me for telling you people, I've never been part of one, though I have seen two unfold. Funny
    God, have people got nothing better to do with their lives??

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is the **** list?

ReputationRep:
    LOL this is so cool I wana start off a ******** list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    Because if a guy has slept with lots of women it is seen to be a good thing, but if a girl has slept with a lot of men it is seen to be a bad thing. Double standards. Boys want to sleep with lots of people, but wouldn't get involved with a girl who slept with a lot of guys.
    If a master key opens lots of locks its a damn good key.

If a lock gets opened by any old key its just a crappy lock.

In translation, any girl can open her legs, but for a guy to be a 'manwhore' or whatver the term is now, he actually has to be good at pulling (or just annoyingly goodlooking). Any girl still not convinced who is gonna post calling me sexist (its inevitable). Answer this. Last time you went clubbing how many offers of drinks, askings of phone numbers, and even blatant flirting and propositions of 'coming back to mine' did you have off guys. Because for the majority of guys the answer is 0 we have to do the asking, girls do the choosing, just how it works.

ReputationRep:
    loll i like your threads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecookiemonster)
    God, have people got nothing better to do with their lives??
    Not really. It is funny at the end though (usually it finishes when the boys pussy out after seeing someone get *****SLAPPED).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    Wtf is the **** list?
    Maybe read the first page on the thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doloroushazy)
    lol **** list, whenever the **** list goes round my school like everyone ends up on it (inc. teachers).. i never thought the **** list was a real indicator of "****giness" more a source of hilarity when the lower sets get in a tizzy about it
    Yeah generally the first 10 names are probably valid, but then you end up seeing someones mum, the headteacher and a dog (WTF??) on it...

ReputationRep:
    First I'm hearing of the term '****' let alone a **** list.
    Sounds like what 14 year olds would do and then talk about for varying lengths of time at school, just sayin', just sayin'.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    a) "the **** list" - I've never heard of this in my life (though I have now noted what it is from the first page). What a completely ridiculous idea.

b) so, your friend is on the **** list. Who cares? It's a ridiculous list, it means nothing! What difference does it make? Generally, the opinions of narrow minded idiots (i.e. the people who put your friend on 'the **** list') are not even slightly worth worrying about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kMt)
    LOL this is so cool I wana start off a ******** list
    you should call it loser list though. that gets to ppl more

ReputationRep:
    There's one going round about people from my town, and I was totally disgusted when I found out. I don't understand why people think it's an acceptable thing to do - it's so humiliating and degrading to the girls who are on it, when they shouldn't be concerned about what other people think of their sex life. Thankfully most of the girls on the list are a couple of years younger than me, because I would have lost faith in humanity if it was people my own age. Hopefully these people will grow out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insoms)

In translation, any girl can open her legs, but for a guy to be a 'manwhore' or whatver the term is now, he actually has to be good at pulling (or just annoyingly goodlooking). Any girl still not convinced who is gonna post calling me sexist (its inevitable). Answer this. Last time you went clubbing how many offers of drinks, askings of phone numbers, and even blatant flirting and propositions of 'coming back to mine' did you have off guys. Because for the majority of guys the answer is 0 we have to do the asking, girls do the choosing, just how it works.
    Oh god I knew someone was gonna use the bloody lock and key analogy. :facepalm: 10 points for originality :congrats:

The purpose of my vagina and the function of a lock are not the same, so the comparison is pointless.

Anyway while what you have said may be an accurate observation, I don't really see how this makes it 'bad' for a girl to sleep with who she chooses.

ReputationRep:
    Who the hell has the time to write a **** list? What a loser.

ReputationRep:

So, surely, if we have the pick of the bunch (or 'do the choosing' as you put it), it follows that we may as well have fun with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    Oh god I knew someone was gonna use the bloody lock and key analogy. :facepalm: 10 points for originality :congrats:

The purpose of my vagina and the function of a lock are not the same, so the comparison is pointless.

Anyway while what you have said may be an accurate observation, I don't really see how this makes it 'bad' for a girl to sleep with who she chooses.
    This. The lock and key thing have been shot down plenty of times here on TSR, just start ignoring it.

ReputationRep:
    the fact that such a list even exists is ridiculous and sooo pathetic!you should tell her and just help her laugh it off. if her behaviours bad I'm sure she'll take this as a bit of a warning and tone it down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onthejubileeline)
    So, surely, if we have the pick of the bunch (or 'do the choosing' as you put it), it follows that we may as well have fun with it?
    Go ahead, just don't expect to be respected for it.

ReputationRep:
    Go ahead, just don't expect to be respected for it.
    It's not necessarily about respect, but freedom. And even though I'm monogamous, freedom is definitely something I support.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.