The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cambo211
Also, The Hobbit deserves a better thread than that :emo:

Hopefully it dies soon so someone can make a better one.

I'm also finding it increasingly hard to post or read in the Doctor Who Speculation/Discussion thread without losing my temper :colonhash:

Posting this here for Ape to see without having to cause a massive ruckus in the thread itself :tongue:

I was having the same feelings myself earlier. And yesterday, hence why I deleted my messages of annoyance.

What's annoying you in particular? The images or the off-topic chat? It's descended into a chat thread from being the concentrated speculation thread it was.
Subscribed. I really don't know how I lost this gold thread from my watched threads.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The only cliffhanger is why the chose to make another one. :colonhash:

Hopefully it dies soon so someone can make a better one.

I was having the same feelings myself earlier. And yesterday, hence why I deleted my messages of annoyance.

What's annoying you in particular? The images or the off-topic chat? It's descended into a chat thread from being the concentrated speculation thread it was.

It's just gotten so big and fast that it's caving in on itself. You can't follow anything.

I can't complain about off-topic chat because i'm guilty of it myself, but it worked when there were a smaller number of us but now it's exploded any Who conversation just gets swept to one side. And then just my annoyance at the idiotic speculation and the speculation that isn't even speculation, it's just putting two completely unrelated things together and coming up with an answer to a problem that we already have an answer too.

:rant:

Tbh, all she has to do is look scared, run around holding hands with a sweaty Shia and say 'Sam' pleadingly from time to time.

yeah fair enough, not much to do to fill the role. I'm still expectant for dark of the moon *seem to be pretty alone on that in the FF thread* ah well

Also it seems like no one's really talking about The Green Lantern anymore? the other comic book movies seem to have stolen all the hype, I'm sure TGL is still gonna be a huge film anyway. And being released days after Transformers should really lessen its' opening gross

I can't complain about off-topic chat because i'm guilty of it myself, but it worked when there were a smaller number of us but now it's exploded any Who conversation just gets swept to one side. And then just my annoyance at the idiotic speculation and the speculation that isn't even speculation, it's just putting two completely unrelated things together and coming up with an answer to a problem that we already have an answer too.

:rant:

I agree. Ah, the old days of Sci-fi and Cult.

It's not only that, it's the stuff that is being repeated. I don't expect people to have phobias of going outside, and reading every post but the amount of information and speculation that gets repeated balanced only by the ridiculous speculation that isn't speculation at all.

I mean, we will have pages long of discussion about something to have someone barge in a few pages later starting speculation on the same thing, and then it happens again a few pages later.

Tbh, as for the images, if a lot of people just keeping posting them I'm just going to report them from now on. :ninja:

It's hard enough to have an 'intelligent' discussion back and forth without scrolling down 5 animated gifs and someone later quoting 5 animated gifs to post their own gifs.
(edited 12 years ago)
I agree. Ah, the old days of Sci-fi and Cult.

It's not only that, it's the stuff that is being repeated. I don't expect people to have phobias of going outside, and reading every post but the amount of information and speculation that gets repeated balanced only by the ridiculous speculation that isn't speculation at all.

I mean, we will have pages long of discussion about something to have someone barge in a few pages later starting speculation on the same thing, and then it happens again a few pages later.

Tbh, as for the images, if a lot of people just keeping posting them I'm just going to report them from now on. :ninja:

It's hard enough to have an 'intelligent' discussion back and forth without scrolling down 5 animated gifs and someone later quoting 5 animated gifs to post their own gifs.

Tbh i think from now on i'm just nipping in finding the decent stuff, leaving my 2 cents and then backing out.

As pointed out in the thread i'm just a bit of a grump :tongue:
Original post by lukejoshjedi
yeah fair enough, not much to do to fill the role. I'm still expectant for dark of the moon *seem to be pretty alone on that in the FF thread* ah well

Actually, I'm okay with seeing Dark of the Moon. It's not meant to be an intelligent film, only a mindless, action packed, blockbuster so I'll be going to see it in the cinema. At least they've acknowledged the cluster**** that was Transformers 2, stepped back, evaluated the situation and improved upon it. Apparently.

Have you seen this?

http://blog.io9.com/5805963/insanely-detailed-synopsis-of-transformers-3-theres-good-news-and-bad-news

Contains spoilers.

Tbh i think from now on i'm just nipping in finding the decent stuff, leaving my 2 cents and then backing out.

As pointed out in the thread i'm just a bit of a grump :tongue:

I think you don't post enough tbh. Hardly see you in there. :tongue:
I think you don't post enough tbh. Hardly see you in there. :tongue:

I never really have anything to add :tongue:

I come in, i read up, i criticise the idiots, i sift through gifs, i check spoilers and sources, i say why i liked an episode, i get shot down for saying i like the episode, i leave.

Rinse and repeat.
Reply 2168
Saw the new POTC film. As "meh" as I was expecting, especially as it seemed to be both long while at the same time devoid of more than a handful of action pieces. Better than the beginning half hour of the last one, for me, but the series really has run its course now. No more, please. :sigh:
Reply 2169
I might give in to my urge to re-watch a movie tonight if I'm satisfied by the amount of revision I've done at the end of the day. :work:
Reply 2170
Having, over the last few days, watched DiCaprio in The Basketball Diaries, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Titanic, Inception, Gangs of New York, Blood Diamond and The Departed, it's fair to say I'd like to have his children. DiCaprilies? DiCapulets?

In a totally non-gay way, ofc.
Original post by zjs
Having, over the last few days, watched DiCaprio in The Basketball Diaries, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Titanic, Inception, Gangs of New York, Blood Diamond and The Departed, it's fair to say I'd like to have his children. DiCaprilies? DiCapulets?

NO HOMO
Reply 2172
Original post by Jace Falco
NO HOMO

Americanisms. :colonhash:
Original post by zjs

Rep was for DiCapulets lol.

What's your favourite performance of his? I haven't seen ALL of those but mine's got to be The Departed... I love that film <3
Kill Bill :ahee:

Love it.
The 23rd James Bond film, Bond 23 has an official release date - October 2012 apparently, pretty good news. Seems like it's been delayed forever

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a322788/bond-23-uk-release-date-announced.html
We got there and decided Hangover 2 would be ****. Watched X-Men First Class instead. :u:

Good film, but I wasn't blown away by it. I loved the scenes with Charles and Erik. Both actors were superb and there were a lot of good scenes between the two. The villain and the general atmosphere felt a bit, dare I say, 'Bond-ish'. The first half had scenes that cut to and fro really quickly. It almost detracted somewhat from the film. I like this franchise. Hope coming films are as good. I'd like them to set one in each subsequent decade.

I also liked ...

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
I finally had enough time to watch a film, unfortunately I'm broke so I just had to watch one of my cousin's film and watched 500 days of summer.

It was a good film though, not one of the usual romance films
Original post by The Cornerstone
I finally had enough time to watch a film, unfortunately I'm broke so I just had to watch one of my cousin's film and watched 500 days of summer.

It was a good film though, not one of the usual romance films

Have you seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? That's the same in the sense it's not one of the usual romance films.

Original post by zjs

No Catch Me If You Can? :holmes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Have you seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? That's the same in the sense it's not one of the usual romance films.

Nah, I'm not one for any romance films, I only watch 500 days of Summer to see what the hype was about (and I also had nothing to do lol).

But if it is the same as 500 days of Summer then it might be worth watching it.

Quick Reply

Latest