x Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It looks semi-terrible but I WANT IT! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    It looks semi-terrible but I WANT IT! :awesome:

I think it could be kinda funny, there's something about Cameron Diaz that makes me want to watch new films she's in. I find her slightly attractive, disturbingly :cool:

Big haul.

Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by darubio)
    x
    (Original post by POWW!)
    x
    (Original post by Akaten)
    x
    (Original post by rosehx)
    x
    (Original post by _MizzTerious_)
    x
    (Original post by Lewii0701)
    x
    (Original post by dragonalli)
    x
    (Original post by LJenkin)
    x

Welcome to the society and chat thread. Feel free to discuss ... films.

ReputationRep:
    Today, I watched:
    The Motorcycle Diaries
    Brick (It's the second time I've watched it and I still find it confusing. Everyone talks so fast in it.)
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off

ReputationRep:
    Another week with pretty slim pickings for releases. I'd say the best option is probably French thriller Point Blank, might check this out at the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    I watched Kick ass yesterday it was such a good film

ReputationRep:
    X-Men :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Not too many great films coming out just atm, apart from Super 8 (in america anyway...), The Green Lantern in a few weeks, Win Win which is out and looks pretty good

I need to see Eat, pray, love. Even if just to see Emma Stone :horns:

My exams finally end on Friday, so I'll hopefully be off to see X-Men: First Class during the weekend. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Oh hai there.

Does anyone know any films with really good "fight / martial art training" scenes in the mould of Kill Bill 2 and Pei Mei? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Search #budgetremakes on Twitter.

ReputationRep:
    The Hangover 2. A couple of laughs out loud but not a patch on the first. The idea has already grown very old very fast and I don't think a third would be any good at all.

I would prefer Idris Elba in Django Unchained than Will Smith to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Big haul.

Spoiler:
    Show

Welcome to the society and chat thread. Feel free to discuss ... films.
    Haha, lol, I don't even know why my post got deleted!!

Well I do. All I did was kinda talk about an exam after I done it.

10 warning points!!!! :eek:

DiCaprio apparently in talks for Django Unchained. :holmes:

(Original post by n1r4v)
    Oh hai there.

Does anyone know any films with really good "fight / martial art training" scenes in the mould of Kill Bill 2 and Pei Mei? :holmes:
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a good one.

DiCaprio apparently in talks for Django Unchained. :holmes:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a good one.
    Do you know for what role? I hope he doesn't take the role that Waltz is suppose to have because Waltz, IMO, is a better actor.

(Original post by Madjackismad)
    Do you know for what role? I hope he doesn't take the role that Waltz is suppose to have because Waltz, IMO, is a better actor.
    The villain role, Calvin Candie, with Samuel L. Jackson (unconfirmed) as his right hand man. Waltz as the bounty hunter of course. Makes you wonder who Django will be. Will Smith or someone else.

The villain role, Calvin Candie, with Samuel L. Jackson (unconfirmed) as his right hand man. Waltz as the bounty hunter of course. Makes you wonder who Django will be. Will Smith or someone else.
    Ahh, sounds promising! I personally think Idris Elba would suit the role of Django better than Will Smith because Elba is a far better actor than Smith.

ReputationRep:
    I personally would like Chiwetel Ejiofor as Django, but given Tarantino's ability to get the best out of everyone he directs I don't mind really who he picks.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see Christoph Waltz in a nice role for a change - I've only seen 2 of his films (Inglourious Basterds and Water For Elephants) and in both he's the evil guy... anyone seen him in anything good?

I don't know much about The Three Musketeers so don't know what his character will be like in that... anyone?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.