The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

I find it hard to imagine Waltz playing anything other than Landa-Waltz.

Original post by Madjackismad
Ahh, sounds promising! I personally think Idris Elba would suit the role of Django better than Will Smith because Elba is a far better actor than Smith.

The guy from Luther? Hm, not seen much of him. Can't remember what he was like.
Reply 2361
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
DiCaprio apparently in talks for Django Unchained. :holmes:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a good one.

Nobody ever replies to me on this thread :emo:

So thanks :h: :h:
Reply 2362

:eek:

Shame on you! Forget Luther, he played one of the most bad ass TV mo' fo's of ALL time. Stringer Bell in The Wire!

I find it hard to imagine Waltz playing anything other than Landa-Waltz.

:shock:

Watch The Wire now. One of the greatest TV shows ever, he's in it and he's excellent. And yep, he's Luther.

Both are British. :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by n1r4v

Reply 2365
What are people's opinions on The Criterion Collection? Good, varied list suggestions for film lovers or a tad pretentious? I'm veering towards the latter. :colonhash:
Need more news on Zombieland 2... hope it's out this year
Original post by aja89
What are people's opinions on The Criterion Collection? Good, varied list suggestions for film lovers or a tad pretentious? I'm veering towards the latter. :colonhash:

I just looked it up and... I'm inclined to agree with you :/

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Need more news on Zombieland 2... hope it's out this year

Apparently it's not even certain that it's happening yet :sad:
Original post by n1r4v

You need to post more here. :tongue:

Original post by aja89
:eek:

Shame on you! Forget Luther, he played one of the most bad ass TV mo' fo's of ALL time. Stringer Bell in The Wire!

:shock:

Watch The Wire now. One of the greatest TV shows ever, he's in it and he's excellent. And yep, he's Luther.

Both are British. :p:

Ah, I see. The Wire is a pretty heavy investment so I haven't got around to it yet. Will probably end up watching the new series of Luther before I watch the Wire, but I'll get around to it eventually.

Still got Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Entourage and Arrested Development to get through. :ninja:
Original post by ape gone insane
you need to post more here. :tongue:

ah, i see. The wire is a pretty heavy investment so i haven't got around to it yet. Will probably end up watching the new series of luther before i watch the wire, but i'll get around to it eventually.

Still got breaking bad, mad men, entourage and arrested development to get through. :ninja:

what the hell have you been watching on tv? Eastenders?! :angry:

Shame you never caught it two years ago, they showed all the series on BBC 2 because people realised what they missed and the DVD sales of the show were exploding. :p:
what the hell have you been watching on tv? Eastenders?! :angry:

Shame you never caught it two years ago, they showed all the series on BBC 2 because people realised what they missed and the DVD sales of the show were exploding. :p:

Don't be silly.

Spoiler

I just didn't know about all these fantastic shows. I watched shows like Dexter and Chuck then BAM! TSR opens up this whole other world. Still better late than never. :awesome:
Is anybody interested in The Lone Ranger? It has Johnny Depp in it.
Don't be silly.

Spoiler

I just didn't know about all these fantastic shows. I watched shows like Dexter and Chuck then BAM! TSR opens up this whole other world. Still better late than never. :awesome:

Dexter is easily up there with those shows. Michael C Hall really elevates it. If they never had Michael C Hall, it would be nowhere near as good.
Reply 2373
Whilst The Wire might not be the kind of show you can watch episodes of over and over again, I really do believe it is as perfect as television gets. You should watch it soon Ape, you're really missing out!
Original post by aja89
Whilst The Wire might not be the kind of show you can watch episodes of over and over again, I really do believe it is as perfect as television gets. You should watch it soon Ape, you're really missing out!

The West Wing, dude :pierre:
I would actually say that Arrested Development is the best made TV program I've ever watched. Comedy is never respected as much as drama though.
Reply 2376
Original post by Jace Falco
The West Wing, dude :pierre:

The first four seasons, absolutely. But I'd take any season of The Wire over a 'non-Sorkin' season of The West Wing. :closedeyes:
No, The Sopranos is the best TV show ever. The Wire is very high up on the list, but The Sopranos is the best. Arrested Development is very good along with Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld.
Original post by Phalanges
I would actually say that Arrested Development is the best made TV program I've ever watched. Comedy is never respected as much as drama though.

True, AD is absolutely incredible.

Original post by aja89
The first four seasons, absolutely. But I'd take any season of The Wire over a 'non-Sorkin' season of The West Wing. :closedeyes:

Yeah, Sorkin's are the best.

I have to say that, on its own, Two Cathedrals is my favourite piece of television ever.
No, The Sopranos is the best TV show ever. The Wire is very high up on the list, but The Sopranos is the best. Arrested Development is very good along with Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld.

Must admit that I've never seen The Sopranos :emo: Or CYE, or Seinfeld :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending