Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Here's the poster for TDKR:

I HATED Batman Begins but TDK is one of my favourite movies... please let me love this one. Tom Hardy >>>>>>>

Also, some say there's a Superman logo in the poster too:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    x
    You hated Batman Begins? :lolwut: How?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    You hated Batman Begins? :lolwut: How?
    Couldn't get into it. Thought it was slow and rambling, and Katie Holmes's face annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Martian Child?
    (Original post by aja89)
    Dangerous Minds
    Freedom Writer

They are both bad student/inspirational teacher movies so not exactly poor kid adoption, but still have the same vibe as The Blind Side. :rolleyes:
    Cheers for the suggestions but neither of those films are what I'm looking for. But Cheers!

There's a 90 second teaser trailer also coming out for The Dark Knight Rises with Deathly Hallows: Part 2.

Also, some say there's a Superman logo in the poster too
    Definitely a rock with some scattered light being cast onto it. It's too squint to be Superman plus it wouldn't make sense, at all given Nolan's universe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Definitely a rock with some scattered light being cast onto it. It's too squint to be Superman plus it wouldn't make sense, at all given Nolan's universe.
    I 'befriended' you aaaaaaages ago and thought it'd give me access to your wall to ask you a question (I forgot I could click your username to PM you). Do you have any movie recommendations to something similar to Big Trouble in Little China/Paul/Shaun of the Dead/Dogma etc, i.e. an 'action' comedy?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watched A Single Man? Reckon I should give it a watch? My friend said she was blown away by it.

I 'befriended' you aaaaaaages ago and thought it'd give me access to your wall to ask you a question (I forgot I could click your username to PM you). Do you have any movie recommendations to something similar to Big Trouble in Little China/Paul/Shaun of the Dead/Dogma etc, i.e. an 'action' comedy?
    Yeah, I have wall posts disabled. Don't see the point myself. Hm, you could have a look at:

• Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (more Black Comedy)
    • Hot Fuzz (a must if you liked Paul and Shaun of the Dead)
    • Kick-Ass
    • Zombieland
    • Johnny English (maybe even Get Smart although I found it a bit inferior in comparison)
    • Austin Powers
    • Anchorman
    • The Hangover
    • Frequently Asked Questions about Time Travel

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have wall posts disabled. Don't see the point myself. Hm, you could have a look at:

• Kick-Ass
    • Zombieland
    • Johnny English (maybe even Get Smart although I found it a bit inferior in comparison)
    • Austin Powers
    • Anchorman
    • The Hangover

ReputationRep:

• Kick-Ass
    • Zombieland
    • Austin Powers
    • Anchorman
    • The Hangover
    Recommendations for an 'action' comedy that don't include Pineapple Express or Due Date? :hmmm:

I also fail to see how Anchorman is an 'action' comedy, unless the net is being cast very wide.

(Original post by zjs)
    Recommendations for an 'action' comedy that don't include Pineapple Express or Due Date? :hmmm:

I also fail to see how Anchorman is an 'action' comedy, unless the net is being cast very wide.
    Possibly the unfunniest films ever made.

Yes, the net is being cast wide.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly the unfunniest films ever made.

Yes, the net is being cast wide.
    Yet you've included 'The Hangover' and 'Johnny English' in your list? :eyeball:

If it's being cast that wide, then just about every comedy comes under the umbrella of 'action' comedy.

(Original post by zjs)
    Yet you've included 'The Hangover' and 'Johnny English' in your list? :eyeball:

If it's being cast that wide, then just about every comedy comes under the umbrella of 'action' comedy.
    Both of them were much more enjoyable. Actually Johnny English was a great action comedy.

ReputationRep:
    Both of them were much more enjoyable. Actually Johnny English was a great action comedy.
    Neither of them were remotely funny, imo.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Orphan. To be honest, I initially thought it was your average horror but the creep factor when you find out...

Spoiler:
    Show
    The little girl is actually a grown psycho woman

Have you watched The Others? It's not a straight up horror as such but it's pretty effective. I thought it did the plot twist really well and it's just stuck in my mind..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's what I was thinking, everything seems pretty normal for a horror until the end. I was actually thinking through the film that it was highly unrealistic. How could a 9 year old girl be doing all these things, but it turns out she isn't 9 at all and it all makes sense.

No I haven't but that is on my watch list
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Watching Battle LA., the Iraq war backwards lol

ReputationRep:
    Looks like good fun, much like the last Holmes film did. Hard to get too worked up about it with the Dark Knight Rises trailer hitting this weekend. Never thought I'd actually care about a Harry Potter film again. :holmes:

Wait, this hasn't been posted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Wait, this hasn't been posted?

Actually, it has. Post #3325.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.