Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Coming soon to a cinema near you: The Phantom Mewtwo.
    'The Birth of Mewtwo' feature length special can fill in for the beginnings

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of Studio Ghibli just noticed this trailer:

'Inspired by' The Borrowers and with a UK dub featuring Saoirse Ronan

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm there's not Mary Jane in the new Spider which I'm assuming means Emma Stone's character will be the main love interest. Which is annoying as I find Emma Stone incredibly annoying and not very attractive either

And I watched Beowulf & Grendel the other day, anyone seen it? Only watched it because of Gerard Butler...it was pretty crap. Beowulf is meant to be a hero but he gets his arse whooped for a majority of the film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XayxMPrUP4
    HD Spider-Man trailer. Looks a bit Nolan-lite to me. Would be nice if people could recognize that the brilliance of Nolan's films isn't just a case of making everything miserable, dark and brooding, but oh well. It is just a preview, I suppose.
    I'm loving that first person camera, looks like it'd work well in this film. I hope its good, not sure about casting Andrew Garfield as Spiderman though.

remove movie madness?

I think you can guess the thread starter.

ReputationRep:
    Horrible Bosses looks good but no good print out :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'll watch Horrible Bosses for Charlie Day. Charlie Day elevates everything he's in, even that **** Drew Barrymore LDR film.

Universal drops The Dark Tower. :emo:

Cowboys & Aliens is out in a few days. Something refreshing to look forward to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    remove movie madness?

I think you can guess the thread starter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    I've played the first Ace Attorney and I really failed to see the appeal. I found it frustratingly limited and just a case of clicking everything rather than logically working anything out. Don't really understand the mass love it has.
    OBJECTION!!!

(I can understand your viewpoint actually, despite being a fanboy. I see the AA games as more like interactive graphic novels than genuine 'games'.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the anti-hero)
    OBJECTION!!!

(i can understand your viewpoint actually, despite being a fanboy. I see the aa games as more like interactive graphic novels than genuine 'games'.)
    TAKE THAT!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    TAKE THAT!!! :woo:
    Or my personal favourite...

EUREKA!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Anti-Hero)
    Or my personal favourite...

EUREKA!!!
    When something smells it's usually the Butz...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    When something smells it's usually the Butz...

Ah yes.

The Great Judgini. What a man.

ReputationRep:
    HD Spider-Man trailer. Looks a bit Nolan-lite to me. Would be nice if people could recognize that the brilliance of Nolan's films isn't just a case of making everything miserable, dark and brooding, but oh well. It is just a preview, I suppose.
    Martin Sheen. Therefore, win.

ReputationRep:
    Johnny Depp is filming at the golf course 5 minutes from my house on Monday. From his IMDB, I think it must be Dark Shadows as it's the only film in production. Shame I've got to go up to Scotland for the week.

ReputationRep:
    My most anticipated films are...

Super 8
    Prometheus (Alien (sort-of) prequel)
    The Thing (2011) Love John Carpenter's version, doubt this will be as good but will still go see it. The trailer makes it look more like a remake of that version set in the Norwegian camp with a female lead.

ReputationRep:
    Horrible Bosses is a very funny film, really enjoyed it. Jamie Foxx completely steals the show. Plus it has the distinction of having one of the funniest outtakes I have ever seen (that played over the credits).

ReputationRep:
    Don't think this has been posted yet...

ReputationRep:
    His brilliance is all do with EXPLOSIONZ!!

Nah I joke, Insomnia is one of my favourite films of his, little recognised despite the fact it has Al Pacino in it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.