Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just watched limitless, not a bad movie tbh.

Its a pity I'm almost done with education otherwise bring on the academic brain enhancing drugs :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    The only superhero film i'm interested in this year is X-Men.
    I still have a wary fascination with Green Lantern. As I've said before, it has to reach the awesome standard set by the animated film Green Lantern: First Flight. Which I would recommend to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    :eek: That's shocking.

Any particular movies/directors/actors you'd recommend?
    A good place to start is Seven Samurai, then pretty much all of Kurosawa's films; Ikiru, Ran (based on King Lear), Throne of Blood (based on Macbeth), Rashomon, Hidden Fortress, Dersu Uzala, Yojimbo...

Some of my other personal favourites (from other directors) are; Tokyo Story (Ozu), The Human Condition I, II & III (Kobayashi - Usual Suspects?), Ugetsu (Mizoguchi).

Ugestu is Mizoguchi's most famous work, but I prefer Sansho the Bailiff, mainly due to this ghostly scene...(spoiler).

It's quite unlike anything you will ever see.

(Original post by channy)
    A good place to start is Seven Samurai, then pretty much all of Kurosawa's films; Ikiru, Ran (based on King Lear), Throne of Blood (based on Macbeth), Rashomon, Hidden Fortress, Dersu Uzala, Yojimbo...

Some of my other personal favourites (from other directors) are; Tokyo Story (Ozu), The Human Condition I, II & III (Kobayashi - Usual Suspects?), Ugetsu (Mizoguchi).

Ugestu is Mizoguchi's most famous work, but I prefer Sansho the Bailiff, mainly due to this ghostly scene...(spoiler).

Thanks, duly noted. I didn't watch the video because you've said it has spoilers, and I don't like spoilers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    I still have a wary fascination with Green Lantern. As I've said before, it has to reach the awesome standard set by the animated film Green Lantern: First Flight. Which I would recommend to everyone.

A few years ago (before Batman Begins and the seriousness that followed) they were planning to make a Green Lantern film with Jack Black as a far more comedic take compared to the relatively straight route this Ryan Reynolds version seems to be taking. Which one would you have preferred to see?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)

Love japanese films Kamikaze girls is sooo good, I will constantly recommend that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    A few years ago (before Batman Begins and the seriousness that followed) they were planning to make a Green Lantern film with Jack Black as a far more comedic take compared to the relatively straight route this Ryan Reynolds version seems to be taking. Which one would you have preferred to see?
    I would have hated for it to be Jack Black, and really I don't feel that Green Lantern is appropriate for a comedy. In general, I prefer the more serious superhero films. Green Hornet is an exception; I think that could have been done the way it was or straight.

Go onto the IMDB page for a film you love, are passionate about or which is undeniably a masterpiece. Go to user reviews. Filter by 'Hated it'.

Guaranteed instant rage factor.

ReputationRep:
    Just in case you ever feel the urge to watch Divine Secrets Of The Ya-Ya Sisterhood, don't. :facepalm2:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

:moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

ReputationRep:
    the Swedish film industry is starting to grow on me..

dunno if you've seen this one, but it is quite interesting that it was made in 1970..

ReputationRep:
    :wavey: Keep forgetting to post in the new thread so it's time I subscribed

Also I don't know if I should watch Memento or Leon...

ReputationRep:
    Think I might watch Dekalog, it sounds mind blowing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm up, in a weird almost mid time-zone state, it's gonna be 1am soon, but it'll be 2am, messes with the mind mann *not really*

I feel like watching Inception again

I've always found when he says 'Time to die' hilarious.

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    "Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

:ditto:

That The Three Musketeers trailer looks mildly interesting as well.

ReputationRep:
    Times must be hard for Hugh.

ReputationRep:
    A (pretty rubbish) video I made about Elizabeth Taylor three years ago now has 656,029 views on YouTube, all it is is pictures and a song!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.