The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deshi

Anyone got any decent recommendations for revenge movies?

Gladiator, Man on Fire, Kill Bill, V for Vendetta, Taken, The Count of Monte Cristo and Oldboy are a few that instantly spring to mind.
Reply 3681
Original post by Deshi
Anyone got any decent recommendations for revenge movies?

The Crow, The Crow a thousand times The Crow.
Original post by aja89
Deathly Hallows Part 2 broken £1bn, and it hasn't opened in China yet, that's got to be about a gazillion more ticket sales right!?

That's insane. It's only been half a month as well. It's definitely going to be the third highest grossing. Though I can't see it ever taking Avatar and Titanic. They were films which started off steady and then built up over so many weeks. Harry Potter is more a 'break all records' really fast and then slowly decline.

Original post by noggins
You not really interested in that kind of Fantasy?

I remember seeing Fellowship when it first came out. My friend had seen it and recommended it to me. I thought it would typical Hollywood crap based on a classic book. Anyway, it restored my faith in them making good films.. until I went to see Terminator 3 a couple of years later :facepalm2:

LOTR also restored my faith in adapting complex and treasured books into fun, epic and sprawling successful films (both commercially and critically).

But then The Golden Compass came out. :facepalm2:
Reply 3683
Watching chronicles of Riddick, love the film.
There's a few more photos of Bane out, a video of Bane and Batman fighting and a spoiler so don't open the second spoiler if you don't want to know:

Spoiler

But seriously though, the best photo was this:

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3685
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Gladiator, Man on Fire, Kill Bill, V for Vendetta, Taken, The Count of Monte Cristo and Oldboy are a few that instantly spring to mind.

Seen all of them unfortunately. If you liked Oldboy you might like I Saw the Devil, really good film.

Original post by aja89
The Crow, The Crow a thousand times The Crow.

I bought this on DVD a few years back and remember not liking it much :holmes:

Edit: I'm thinking Cape Fear. Haven't seen it before.
(edited 12 years ago)
I realise I may have extolled its virtues before, but if you haven't seen it, Once Upon A Time In The West is an excellent revenge flick. High Plains Drifter and For A Few Dollars More are also great revenge Westerns.
Original post by cambo211

Original post by cambo211
Not a fan of Zookeeper?

I just don't get it. He doesn't seem to have any real talent, charisma or good looks, and you'd usually need at least two of those to be considered a movie star. What kind of crack-addled brain do you have to have to put him as the face of your $80m film?
Reply 3688
Original post by Phalanges
When the **** was it decided that Kevin James was a leading man capable of opening films?

I wasn't sure who he was, so I looked him up. :rofl:

(I understand that you're talking about the other one, of course).

Jingers

There's a few more photos of Bane out, a video of Bane and Batman fighting and a spoiler so don't open the second spoiler if you don't want to know

There's no second spoiler! :mob:
Original post by Abiraleft
I wasn't sure who he was, so I looked him up. :rofl:

(I understand that you're talking about the other one, of course).

There's no second spoiler! :mob:

Fixed.
Original post by lukejoshjedi
I'm generally only hearing good things about it. There's an avengers spoiler at the end or something right?

No, it's just the trailer.
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
No, it's just the trailer.

More of a teaser, I'd say.
Reply 3692
Original post by Deshi
I bought this on DVD a few years back and remember not liking it much :holmes:

Edit: I'm thinking Cape Fear. Haven't seen it before.

It's so good. :sogood:

And it has a bit of legend surrounding it, Brandon Lee (Bruce Lee's son) was shot and killed by a dummy bullet whilst filming a scene.
Reply 3693
I just got back from seeing Arrietty. It was so beautiful.
Original post by Jace Falco
More of a teaser, I'd say.

"teaser trailer"
Wow, two movies tied for the top spot of the US box office this weekend, right down to the dollar. That's pretty unusual.
Reply 3696
An interesting fact about Harry Potter. Deathly Hallows Part 2 has just become the only one to break $1bn, but it is yet to surpass Philosopher's Stone in number of actual tickets sold. :holmes:
Reply 3697
Watched the HP film. MEHHH
Reply 3698
If you have half an interest in documentaries, you really should watch this - My Life as a Turkey. Every shot is incredible and the story is beyond fascinating.

I love how the BBC remain as the absolute top dog of wildlife documentaries. No one does them better.
Ooh! Super 8 premiers this weekend - heard great things about it, so I'm hoping it should be pretty good especially after watching the last series of Fringe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending