Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    'Christian Bale, Tom Hardy and Marion Cotillard were spotted filming for Batman: The Dark Knight Rises in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.'

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    It's a prequel to the Planet of the Apes universe, i.e. how it developed into that PotA universe. Anyone who went in expecting mindless Ape-based carnage on the basis of the trailer's many fight sequences should hand their head in shame, tbh.

Actually, I was much more impressed by the second trailer than the first. Thought I'd mentioned that in this thread; saw the trailer when I saw Captain America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zjs)
    It's a prequel to the Planet of the Apes universe, i.e. how it developed into that PotA universe. Anyone who went in expecting mindless Ape-based carnage on the basis of the trailer's many fight sequences should hand their head in shame, tbh.

Regardless of what people should be aware of, Fox are marketing it at people who may never have seen another Planet of the Apes film in a very disingenuous way, and that is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Kubrick was a wise man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Super 8 manages to blend the best of Spielberg with the best of Abrams. A really impressive film, with a real old-school vibe that few are made like now.
    Definetely need to S8. Seems like it came out ages ago though... well it kinda did (in America anyway)

ReputationRep:
    Roobsa reads old Playboys for the articles.

Also, forgot to mention in Rise of Planet of the Apes but Tom Felton was brilliant in it. First graduate of the Harry Potter academy I've seen to give a good performance.

ReputationRep:

Also, forgot to mention in Rise of Planet of the Apes but Tom Felton was brilliant in it. First graduate of the Harry Potter academy I've seen to give a good performance.
    Rupert Grint was good in Cherrybomb. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Rupert Grint was good in Cherrybomb and Wild Target. :awesome:
    I fixed your post

ReputationRep:
    Super 8 was brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Just saw an advert for 'Exit through the gift shop'.

Channel 4 next saturday at 9

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    :hello:
    Possible film club?

ReputationRep:
    Rofl at how James Franco always seems so stoned in his interviews. If he''s not, he's weird.

ReputationRep:

The kid who plays Dudley Dursley was pretty good in the Just William series the BBC did earlier this year - although I didn't know it was him until I IMBb'd it - he's lost a lot of weight (he looks like a young Nicholas Lindhurst now)

Radcliff wasn't bad in My Boy Jack although the part was basically 'Harry Potter in WW1'

That said; on reflection, I haven't seen RoPotA, but you're probably right. Those examples are TV Dramas and I've yet to see any of them in big hollywood movies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    Rofl at how James Franco always seems so stoned in his interviews. If he''s not, he's weird.
    I think it's the latter. This is a man who went on a crappy American hospital soap to play the character James Franco as performance art, which is every bit as pretentious as it sounds.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's the latter. This is a man who went on a crappy American hospital soap to play the character James Franco as performance art, which is every bit as pretentious as it sounds.
    He definitely does seem spaced/eccentric/aloof though. I watched his Inside the Actor's Studio and he's definitely out there!

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from Super 8... <3 it was like sitting in a time capsule... except for the ****ing annoying group of 12 year olds in front of me giggling, waving their feet and talking all the way through ><

ReputationRep:
    I watched Once In A Lifetime earlier, it's about the rise and fall of the New York Cosmos. It's a bit of an obscure documentary, but if you have any interest in football it's definitely worth seeking out as it's a fascinating story and the film has all the footage and interviewees you could ask for.

ReputationRep:
    Caught a bit of Watchmen last night, still can't get over Rorschachs scathing, depressing but truthful monologues. I thought it would be a film I couldn't really sit through again, guess I was wrong

also can't wait for Immortals

ReputationRep:
    I hated Watchmen, it was one of those films where I went in expecting something completely different to what I ended up getting.

Anyway just watched Fracture, was pretty awesome, Hopkins is so good at playing the psycho/villain character, Gosling was okay. One of the better court room drama's I've seen, I'd still say Primal Fear was better though. And Rosamund Pike looked gorgeous in this film :coma: never knew she was a Bond girl, only ever recall seeing her in Doom. Anyway, Fracture was a good mystery/thriller if anyone enjoys those types of films.

(Original post by Deshi)
    Anyway just watched Fracture, was pretty awesome, Hopkins is so good at playing the psycho/villain character, Gosling was okay. One of the better court room drama's I've seen, I'd still say Primal Fear was better though. And Rosamund Pike looked gorgeous in this film :coma: never knew she was a Bond girl, only ever recall seeing her in Doom. Anyway, Fracture was a good mystery/thriller if anyone enjoys those types of films.
    I really liked Fracture as well. Rosamund Pike :coma: I've watched two films that have her in them recently: An Education and Made in Dagenham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I hated Watchmen, it was one of those films where I went in expecting something completely different to what I ended up getting.

I just misclicked and accidently negged you. Sorry! Will try to amend that asap.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.