Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Is it hyper-patriotic and stuff, though? I feel that that would turn me off it, tbh.
    No, it's not "hyper" patriotic at all......a very good watch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Well, you're not late to the party at all. Dexter is an excellent show.
    I'm enjoying it so far. I'm borrowing the DVD from a friend and several of the discs are scratched so it keeps skipping, so goddamn annoying!

ReputationRep:
    Oh gosh, I've really disappeared from this thread now! Have been away for 2 weeks working on a kids' camp... During this time, the only film I watched was Toy Story 3 (for the third time) - was excellent once more. Like, so good. I didn't cry this time, but that might have been because I didn't want all the kids to laugh at me

ReputationRep:
    Hmm wanted to watch Murder by Numbers or Insomnia tonight but for some reason I now want to watch I am Sam

ReputationRep:
    One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is now on iPlayer :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Watched Insomnia, really good film, I especially liked the ending and Pacino's performance :yep:

ReputationRep:
    So The Shawshank Redemption won...

(Original post by channy)
    So The Shawshank Redemption won...
    What, Movie Madness? Is it officially over?

Also, within hours of my asking on here about actors' roles in motion capture animation, Andy Serkis has multiple interviews to make it clear for me. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Green Zone, deffo a good movie to watch :yep:

ReputationRep:
    just watched The Virgin Suicides...WTF

ReputationRep:
    Now I need a new movie to watch......any suggestions guys?

(Original post by boromir9111)
    Now I need a new movie to watch......any suggestions guys?
    What kind of movie? Genre/themes/director/etc...

ReputationRep:
    What kind of movie? Genre/themes/director/etc...
    A mixture really......thriller/action/comedy(over kill is bad)......not much of a horror film kind of person

A mixture really......thriller/action/comedy(over kill is bad)......not much of a horror film kind of person
    Face/Off? City of God? Anything by Tarantino?

ReputationRep:
    Green Zone, deffo a good movie to watch :yep:
    Glad you liked it! We had a very long and difficult time with that film during production and post. I remember, by the time we finished the opening sequence, the shot of the shock and awe bombing of the city at night was up to version 108 because we couldn't get the smoke and explosions "just right".

ReputationRep:
    Is there a film you haven't worked on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecurators)
    Glad you liked it! We had a very long and difficult time with that film during production and post. I remember, by the time we finished the opening sequence, the shot of the shock and awe bombing of the city at night was up to version 108 because we couldn't get the smoke and explosions "just right".
    :eek: is that a typical day for you? how many hours does that come to doing that one scene?

ReputationRep:
    Just in case you haven't seen it, I've been using this site for tracking what movies I've seen and not seen. The interface is good and it has loads of the lists of best films from various sources, like the IMDB Top 250, the top 100 British films or just every film that won the Best Film Oscar or Bafta. Definitely worth a look, although it is a little bit addictive.

ReputationRep:
    Is it hyper-patriotic and stuff, though? I feel that that would turn me off it, tbh.
    Nah, not really.

ReputationRep:
    If anything, it's a little satirical of over-zealous patriotism at times.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.