Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Behind the taller robots at the back? I've spent ages and I can't find him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Behind the taller robots at the back? I've spent ages and I can't find him.
    I can see him. Look for the eyes. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just found him

(Original post by Phalanges)
    I can see him. Look for the eyes. :p:
    That was my strategy, yeah, but I only just found him. He's right ****ing there.

On which note, I should probably get round to actually watching Wall-E some time. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Some pretty obscure references there, like Buck Rogers In The 25th Century.

ReputationRep:
    Found him

So did you get this from Empire weekly e-mail?

Anybody seen any good films recently?

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    Some pretty obscure references there, like Buck Rogers In The 25th Century.
    On a whole it's pretty well done. It has references to both iterations of my favourite robot character, Marvin. There's a familiar looking robot, second from the top left, but I can't figure out who. I also wonder if Short Circuit robot is there somewhere.

(Original post by mevidek)
    Found him

So did you get this from Empire weekly e-mail?

Anybody seen any good films recently?
    Nope, got it from an io9 feature. They always have interesting tidbits like this.

I've seen Super 8, which was excellent. It served as a great dose of nostalgia in a sense and felt very much like a spiritual successor to E.T. - which is a phrase a few others have tossed around as well. Was going to watch Cowboys & Aliens yesterday but things happened. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    On a whole it's pretty well done. It has references to both iterations of my favourite robot character, Marvin. There's a familiar looking robot, second from the top left, but I can't figure out who. I also wonder if Short Circuit robot is there somewhere.
    I think Johnny Five is just behind the 'Robot Usses' in the north-West area

A few I was really happy to see in that are Tom Servo, Robbie The Robot, Dot Matrix and Sergeant Bash...

(If we're adding to the list of sources I found it at http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/08/19/spur...of-the-week-5/)

ReputationRep:
    On a whole it's pretty well done. It has references to both iterations of my favourite robot character, Marvin.
    Do you want me to sit in a corner and rust, or just fall apart where I'm standing?

There's a familiar looking robot, second from the top left, but I can't figure out who.
    It's one of the robots from Lost In Space, as is the one below and to the left.

Has anyone found RoboCop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonny_J_D)
    A few I was really happy to see in that are Tom Servo, Robbie The Robot, Dot Matrix and Sergeant Bash...
    I was really pleased to see one of the maintenance droids from Farscape :awesome:

EDIT: Also, I've just found the oven from Wallace & Gromit: A Grand Day Out

ReputationRep:
    Sgt. Bash is on that poster. That's pretty cool.

ReputationRep:

Nope, got it from an io9 feature. They always have interesting tidbits like this.

I've seen Super 8, which was excellent. It served as a great dose of nostalgia in a sense and felt very much like a spiritual successor to E.T. - which is a phrase a few others have tossed around as well. Was going to watch Cowboys & Aliens yesterday but things happened. :dry:
    I've heard that it's apparently much better than previously it seemed - I might go to watch it

I'm really looking forward to watching the inbetweeners movie.

ReputationRep:
    Not really a Lars Von trier fan or follower but I wanna see 'Melancholia', interesting premise, the sci-fi aspect drew me in

and for anyone interested - http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/08/2...s-footage-d23/

(Original post by Sonny_J_D)
    I think Johnny Five is just behind the 'Robot Usses' in the north-West area

(If we're adding to the list of sources I found it at http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/08/19/spur...of-the-week-5/)
    Got him, nice spot! I can also see a Fallout: New Vegas robot, some Doctor Who ones and Portal ones too. The one on the top row (in the middle area) looks very similar to The Destroyer from Thor.

This sounds cool:

Win a signed poster print of Richard's 'Where's WALL-E?' art! How many characters can you identify? Use the guide picture to name as many as you can. The most correct answers will win a poster. Answers to [email protected]. Closing date for entries 31st August 2011. Entries will be judged by name and origin of each character; in the event of a tie a winner will be chosen at random.

http://www.hopewellstudios.com/image...umbers1450.jpg

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...swalle1450.jpg
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    Do you want me to sit in a corner and rust, or just fall apart where I'm standing?
    :love:

Can't find RoboCop anywhere! Surely he would be one of the first ones on there. Maybe it's because he's not fully robot...

ReputationRep:
    Can't find RoboCop anywhere! Surely he would be one of the first ones on there. Maybe it's because he's not fully robot...
    Cybermen and Daleks are represented.

ReputationRep:

ED-209 could be included, though. Along with the tiny, flying saucer robots from Batteries Not Included. I don't see any Transformers in there, either from the film or cartoon series. Odd.

ReputationRep:
    No GERTY though as far as I can see...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Nice I'll probably get round to that after I've finished the 1 million books I'm currently reading! (Starting with One Day which I have to finish before I see the movie...)
    That book is great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    That book is great.
    :woo:

This is probably a pretty obvious one, but the one that struck me first and that I was pleased to see was the machine-man from Metropolis.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.