Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

Hello all, just back from inter-railing (last week actually). Have only seen the Planet Of The Apes film which was pretty damn good. Any recommendations for films? Quite fancy checking out The Guard.

(Original post by Phalanges)
    Also, I'm amazed that everyone seems to be interested in Melancholia.
    I thought it looked intriguing when I first saw the trailer; I was interested in it some time before Cannes. Do you not think it looks very good? Most critics so far seem to have liked it, and Dunst won the Prix d'interprétation féminine for it. :dontknow:

Anybody seen Apollo 18 yet? Would love to hear some opinions before i go see it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Friends with Benefits is so good! I recommend it to everybody. Mila Kunis’ character is so cute and the chemistry between her and Justin Timberlake is surprisingly convincing.

Speaking of Timberlake, what are your thoughts on his next venture - 'In Time'?

I think he will be good enough but with Niccol directing that should just about guarantee it to be one of the best films of 2011!

*Off topic: I seem to have forgotten how to post youtube videos...help? :confused:

(((Thanks Jace Falco!)))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dior)
    Friends with Benefits is so good! I recommend it to everybody. Mila Kunis’ character is so cute and the chemistry between her and Justin Timberlake is surprisingly convincing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdadZ_KrZVw

I think he will be good enough but with Niccol directing that should just about guarantee it to be one of the best films of 2011!

*Off topic: I seem to have forgotten how to post youtube videos...help? :confused:
    For this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdadZ_KrZVw you want to type [youtube]fdadZ_KrZVw[/youtube]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    It's the best Western that has ever been made.
    God, London has an acute deficiency of western film lovers. Atleast, of the kind that would like to indulge in their passion by going to a theatre by the river.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Attack the block...funny and actiony
    Awesome movie :

ReputationRep:
    **** me, watched The Hitcher remake today and it was ****ing awful. I have never watched the original but if it's anything like that I don't think I'd want to :nothing: The female lead was retarded, reminded me of Wolf Creek, another film that could have so easily ended after 30 minutes if the leads had any brains. Only good thing about it was Sean Bean.

I also caught Thor a few days ago, wasn't as good as I had hoped tbh, X-Men: First Class was a lot better I thought. I also was looking at Natalie Portman's page and she has no new films coming out or anything, is she taking a break from acting or something?

ReputationRep:
    My dad just described the whole plot of Mirrors to me... so glad I haven't seen it :|

(Original post by dior)

The concept is pretty good but the trailer doesn't do anything for me. It seems like a bad fan made film. Don't get me started on his acting. He was decent in The Social Network but he's not good enough to carry or be a lead actor. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh by basing all thoughts on a trailer...

(Original post by Madjackismad)
    Hello all, just back from inter-railing (last week actually). Have only seen the Planet Of The Apes film which was pretty damn good. Any recommendations for films? Quite fancy checking out The Guard.
    Inter-railing. :moon:

Super 8 and Cowboys and Aliens are both out, which I think you were looking forward to.

(Original post by Mr Incredible)
    Anybody seen Apollo 18 yet? Would love to hear some opinions before i go see it :p:
    Did you end up seeing it? How was it?

Reviews have been tearing it to shreds.

ReputationRep:
    Films? What films? I got into Pottermore today. See you all in about a month's time. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I am currently watching Four Lions on channel 4, and wow, it is actually laugh out loud funny :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Four Lions was genius, I loved that aside from all the main jokes, there was culture I could relate to as a Pakistani.

The squat-runs bit is just inspired :P

ReputationRep:
    That film creeped me out a bit...

ReputationRep:
    Four Lions is actually exactly what is needed with regard to 'British' terrorism.

Yet again Chris Morris does a fabulous job of exploring the stupidity of some people and by getting young people tempted by this kind of lifestyle laughing at it, we are subconsciously putting them off.

Why victimise arbitrarily when we can just laugh our asses off at them?

Rubber dingy rapids brother!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tombeale)
    Does anybody know where I can get cheap world cinema DVDs? It's frustrating how expensive they are on Amazon, if anyone could recommend me a site to get Bande A Part from I'd be extremely grateful! (not eBay!)
    I tend to buy from MovieMail, though that can be quite expensive. I usually just buy stuff when they are on offer and they tend to have a fair few offers going, therefore they end up taking stupid amounts of money off me. However, having done a quick search on there Bande A Part is £15.99.

ReputationRep:
    Been seeing a swathe of 2011 films recently, like Thor, which I loved apart from lack of backstory and some character development - more or less the same with X men first class which is pretty awesome

btw there are some set pictures from the Avengers film online, looking pretty good

ReputationRep:
    Watched Four Lions yesterday too, was pretty funny but some parts were pretty dull too :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I tend to buy from MovieMail, though that can be quite expensive. I usually just buy stuff when they are on offer and they tend to have a fair few offers going, therefore they end up taking stupid amounts of money off me. However, having done a quick search on there Bande A Part is £15.99.
    Hm, yeah that site is still pretty expensive :/ thanks anyway!

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Shame are both getting highly positive reactions in Venice. I'm particularly excited about the latter; Steve McQueen is one of my favourite up-and-coming directors, along with Andrea Arnold. If Shame is anywhere as good as Hunger... :coma:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.