The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

In recent news - Amy Adams as Lois Lane in 'The Man of steel'.... meh I wasn't excited when I found out, I've never imagined her as Lois, I would have preferred someone else
Original post by MizzCupcakes

:colonhash:

Phalanges posted it a few pages back :fyi:

:tongue:
Original post by cambo211

Original post by cambo211
Phalanges posted it a few pages back :fyi:

:tongue:

:getmecoat: I just saw that and deleted it but my computer is too slow :sigh:
To get save me the rest of the :embarrassed: I'll just get to something else I stubmled upon...

Has anyone seen the film or read the book?

"What is wrong with you?"

:rofl:
Reply 404
Original post by lukejoshjedi
In recent news - Amy Adams as Lois Lane in 'The Man of steel'.... meh I wasn't excited when I found out, I've never imagined her as Lois, I would have preferred someone else

She's a fine actress who exudes exactly the confidence needed for the part, even if she doesn't necessarily match up visually. Lois Lane was originally a redhead anyway, so if they don't correct that then they have a legitimate anti-fanboy excuse. :p:

Anyway, I remain confident that this is going to suck. It's hard to get away from the fact that this film is going to combine Zack Snyder with the biggest Marty Stu ever, so anything good that comes of it will almost certainly be accidental.
(edited 13 years ago)
Watched black swan. Its amazing! One of my new favourites :love:
Original post by Christien
She's a fine actress who exudes exactly the confidence needed for the part, even if she doesn't necessarily match up visually. Lois Lane was originally a redhead anyway, so if they don't correct that then they have a legitimate anti-fanboy excuse. :p:

Anyway, I remain confident that this is going to suck. It's hard to get away from the fact that this film is going to combine Zack Snyder with the biggest Marty Stu ever, so anything good that comes of it will almost certainly be accidental.

yep, I agree that she's a great actress and all but I just can't really see her as Lois Lane.... dunno if she'd have the comic timing right or play off Clark Kent/superman that well *shrugs* we'll just have to wait and see

Lol. It's funny that people are saying that now since Sucker Punch has had a wide release, I hope it won't suck but it's what another reboot technically, it's not a sequel to Superman returns as the cast is changed again. It's hard to tell exactly how audiences will take it in
TODAY: Elite Eight
Wednesday, March 30: Final Four
Friday, April 1: Final Four
Monday, April 4: Championship

1. Star Wars Vs. 3. Terminator 2

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey Vs. 2. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

1. Blade Runner Vs. 2. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

7. Terminator Vs. 8. Serenity

http://io9.com/#!5786187/io9s-march-movie-madness-reaches-the-elite-eight-2001-vs-the-empire-strikes-back-+-polls-open-now

:nooo:
:zomg:
Reply 409
yep, I agree that she's a great actress and all but I just can't really see her as Lois Lane.... dunno if she'd have the comic timing right or play off Clark Kent/superman that well *shrugs* we'll just have to wait and see

Lol. It's funny that people are saying that now since Sucker Punch has had a wide release, I hope it won't suck but it's what another reboot technically, it's not a sequel to Superman returns as the cast is changed again. It's hard to tell exactly how audiences will take it in

My grudge dates back to Watchmen, for your information. :p:

Empire vs. 2001. I literally can't decide :indiff:
Old Boy . Old Boy ...... fantastic !
you've done it again Syfy, personally I can't wait for Tarantopus

http://uk.io9.com/5785909/behold-the-piranaconda-half-piranha-half-anaconda-all-awesome
Reply 412
http://www.kirinfirstcut.co.uk/home.html

I wish I wasn't so **** at writing otherwise I'd love to enter this film comp! Anyone fancy a collaboration?

Rachel Bilsonnnnn

But at the same time not Rachel Bilson...

Emma Stone?

How do we vote? :frown:
Original post by cadaeibfeceh

How do we vote? :frown:

Are you getting the page with no actual poll? Remove the "uk" from the URL. :smile:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Are you getting the page with no actual poll? Remove the "uk" from the URL. :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by riotgrrl
x

On the subject of discoveries, I discovered the Wilhelm scream a year back, it blew my mind. I love hearing the scream in films, and that they keep using it for new films. :rofl:

Spoiler

I like Io9 as a site in general, interesting sci-fi pndering, news etc etc. pretty cool
Reply 418
I have a sinking feeling Empire will win.

Ooooh: 10 Moments from Game of Thrones That We Hope the TV Version Includes

:teeth:

Going to be great. And...and...A Dance with Dragons - this July. Can you believe it?

Need to re-read the whole series now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending