The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4240
My Godfather plans were disrupted after a friend came over, and we ended up watching Leon the Professional instead. Decent stuff, though; Gary Oldman :adore:
Original post by Jingers

Tom Hardy >>>

Also, Scarlett Johansson's nudes (if they are her)......... nice.

John Hurt is looking on enviously. I may have to photoshop my head onto Gary Oldman's face...

And Scarlett Johansson's nudes are making me turn into a lesbian.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
And people continue to force the view that the ending definitely and 'obviously' meant one thing when it's clearly a matter of ambiguity and personal interpretation.

When Nolan himself comes out and says that he only interprets the ending one way, then really saying that there is a clear answer one way or the other is pointless
Reply 4243
Still having the same old 'I still haven't seen Inception' debate. :colonhash:
I hear the warrior's pretty amazing, may check that out. Apparently the better version of 'The fighter'

Also I found out days ago that City of Men exists (sequel to City of God) : o like... I need to see that
Reply 4245
Original post by Jingers

Tom Hardy >>>

Original post by TheNamelessGrace
John Hurt is looking on enviously. I may have to photoshop my head onto Gary Oldman's face...

John Hurt was on BBC Breakfast this morning. He was rocking such fabulous accessories. If I were the presenters, I would have had to sacrifice my reputation and just scream my love to him mid-interview. :colondollar:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is out this weekend! :party:
I watched Fast & Furious 5 last night! Definitely the best in the series!
Reply 4247
Original post by vitamortis

:yep:

It's my favourite in the series as well. The Rock v Vin Diesel :coma:

I'm tempted to watch Cape Fear tonight, heard nothing but good things about it.

Edit: Holy crap, I'm five minutes into Cape fear and the tune used for De Niro is the one they use for Sideshow Bob on the Simpsons :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
I've set myself 8 days to watch 64 films I haven't seen... I'm not going to do it, only on my 4th of the first day so far, but it's going to be fun! You can follow my progress on my blog here if anyone fancies lol :biggrin:
Reply 4249
Peter Bradshaw of the Guardian has given Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy a five-star review. :eek: I don't remember seeing any other five-star review for a newly released film on the Guardian, ever. I'm going to look forward to reading it after I've seen the film.

He's also given 30 Minutes or Less a four-star review.

On another note, I didn't know Luc Besson was directing The Lady. I've only watched Leon the Professional by him, but based on that, I wouldn't have thought a biographical film on Aung Suu Kyi would be the kind of material he'd be very suited to tackle...

EDIT: Also, the trailer for We Bought A Zoo is out:

It's been fairly highly anticipated pre-release; I'd say it does look pretty decent, but I just hope the Damon-Johanson's relationship isn't going to be as cheesy as the trailer suggests.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4250
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
I've set myself 8 days to watch 64 films I haven't seen... I'm not going to do it, only on my 4th of the first day so far, but it's going to be fun! You can follow my progress on my blog here if anyone fancies lol :biggrin:

Wow, that's impressive, good luck with that! I find I can only watch two films a day at most, so I can take a bit of time and think about it afterwards before moving onto the next one.

I checked out your blog. You're in for a treat, you've got some great films on that list.
Original post by cadaeibfeceh

Whoa, that sounds like a Frenzy! Your list comprises of The Usual Suspects.
But although it will be A Very Long Engagement, I'm sure you can do it, without A Shadow Of A Doubt. But make sure to keep the Rear Window open, so the room stays Notoriously fresh.

OK I'll stop now.

Spoiler

^ This is for you. :pierre:

:pierre: :awesome:
BAHAHAHAHAAA! If it was my birthday, that would make my day.
Oh wait, days can be made without it being birthdays....MY DAY IS MADE :awesome:
Reply 4254
Hmmm, was going to watch The Devil's Rejects tonight but just realised that it's a sequel :colonhash:

Cape Fear was pretty good, De Niro makes a good psycho, I couldn't stop thinking of the Simpsons though as I remembered that there was an episode based on it. :colonhash:
Just recently finished X-Men First Class and lol. So CHEESY! Fun to watch, but no way was that a serious movie!

"Erik, I believe?"
"I prefer...Magneto." :rofl2:
After being thoroughly disapointed (I outright hated that piece of ****) with Requiem for a dream, I since watched the Usual Suspects and Se7en. Both amazing films, Kevin Spacey is so good in the both of them. I want to watch usual suspects again as I was quite tired and missed some of how it fit together.
Went to see Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy last night, and though it was very nicely done (the music especially - it reminded me of LA Noire), I really wish I'd read the book first because I was pretty confused for almost the entire film :frown:
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
After being thoroughly disapointed (I outright hated that piece of ****) with Requiem for a dream, I since watched the Usual Suspects and Se7en. Both amazing films, Kevin Spacey is so good in the both of them. I want to watch usual suspects again as I was quite tired and missed some of how it fit together.

How comes you didn't like Requiem for a Dream?
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is getting some great reviews. I predict some Oscar nominations and wins. :holmes:

Original post by vitamortis

I'm glad they departed from the old formula of street racing because they always have poor plots. It became a much better film when they made it a heist film.

How comes you didn't like Requiem for a Dream?

He summed it up pretty well here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=34013899&postcount=4259

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending