The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Rachel Bilsonnnnn

But at the same time not Rachel Bilson...

Emma Stone?

How do we vote? :frown:

Rachel Bilson, just cos I like her and her acting lol

Emma stone great actress but too young to play Lois Lane imo

Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Yes
Natalie Portman - Yes
Zooey Deschanel - Hmm I could imagine her as Lois
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Rachel Bilson, just cos I like her and her acting lol

Emma stone great actress but too young to play Lois Lane imo

Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Yes
Natalie Portman - Yes
Zooey Deschanel - Hmm I could imagine her as Lois

I dunno about Natalie in superhero films. I'm waiting for Thor to judge but I dunno...that and things like No Strings Attached. I don't think they suit her!
Reply 422
Looks like Empire is going to win. Serenity is also beating Terminator.....?

edit; at least it won't be an all Star Wars final. If Blade Runner doesn't beat Serenity...it won't be the first tragedy.
Pfah, Serenity is inferior to all the films it beat bar the first - Spider Man.

The Empire vs Blade Runner...
(edited 13 years ago)
My hopes are on Blade Runner, my money's on ESB.
I dunno about Natalie in superhero films. I'm waiting for Thor to judge but I dunno...that and things like No Strings Attached. I don't think they suit her!

yeah I'm the same, have to wait and see how she does in Thor but I believe in her ability to act well in a range of roles

kinda agree, but again she seems to able to slot into different genres which is never a bad thing. She has drama, fantasy, sci-fi down so far anyway. Rom-com... maybe not hah

you a big Rachel Bilson fan btw
Reply 425
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
On the subject of discoveries, I discovered the Wilhelm scream a year back, it blew my mind. I love hearing the scream in films, and that they keep using it for new films. :rofl:

Spoiler

Yes! I love picking this out too. George Lucas really seems to like it.
I heard an urban myth (or at least I hope it's a myth anyway :lolwut:) that it's two sound people torturing a homeless man.
Rachel Bilsonnnnn

But at the same time not Rachel Bilson...

Emma Stone?

I love Emma Stone! She'd be good, although maybe a little young? Christina Ricci would make a great Lois imo.
Original post by lukejoshjedi
yeah I'm the same, have to wait and see how she does in Thor but I believe in her ability to act well in a range of roles

kinda agree, but again she seems to able to slot into different genres which is never a bad thing. She has drama, fantasy, sci-fi down so far anyway. Rom-com... maybe not hah

you a big Rachel Bilson fan btw

Wouldn't say big fan but I liked her in The OC and... I suppose Jumper wasn't bad lol. She's just the default setting of my brain when I think "brunette, 20s, associated with comic books" cos of the Wonder Woman bit in The OC lol.

Original post by riotgrrl
I love Emma Stone! She'd be good, although maybe a little young? Christina Ricci would make a great Lois imo.

Yeah I see what you mean...I'd like to see a Lois Lane who isn't as scarily thin as Ricci or Bosworth.
BY THE WAY does anyone else find it strange that Smallville is meant to be "young" Superman yet Tom Welling is older than both Brandon Routh and Henry Cavill?
BY THE WAY does anyone else find it strange that Smallville is meant to be "young" Superman yet Tom Welling is older than both Brandon Routh and Henry Cavill?

Well, considering he started Smallville when he was ~23 :tongue: And Smallville has moved away from that, they had a 'No tight, no flight' rule which is hinted at being broken (and has been to some extent).
Smallville's still on? :lolwut:
Original post by gingerrama
Smallville's still on? :lolwut:

Yeah, they renewed it the last couple of seasons (despite some believing it would end after that season). But it finishes for good this May.
Original post by riotgrrl
Yes! I love picking this out too. George Lucas really seems to like it.
I heard an urban myth (or at least I hope it's a myth anyway :lolwut:) that it's two sound people torturing a homeless man.

George Lucas... remember that seen where a stormtrooper bangs his head in the door. :rofl:

Whaaaaaaaaat...time to do some Googling. :zomg:

EDIT: Yeah, I think that's definitely a myth. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah I see what you mean...I'd like to see a Lois Lane who isn't as scarily thin as Ricci or Bosworth.

This is Hollywood we're talking about. There ARE no non-thin options. Except Whoopi Goldberg and I don't see her getting to be Lois Lane anytime soon :tongue:
Reply 435
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Yeah, they renewed it the last couple of seasons (despite some believing it would end after that season). But it finishes for good this May.

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
For those of us that are on Smallville Season 4, spoilers would be appreciated.
Original post by Jace Falco
For those of us that are on Smallville Season 4, spoilers would be appreciated.

Illusionary spoilered it. So did Phalanges. :mmm:
Original post by DLJ

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)

What is The Wrath of Khan? Is it supposed to be the best Star Trek or something? As someone who has never watched 5 minutes of Star Trek I am blissfully ignorant of it. :p:

Terminator 2 will probably be the biggest tragedy of that round. I doubt anyone will ever make a better action flick.

Original post by Roobsa
http://www.kirinfirstcut.co.uk/home.html

I wish I wasn't so **** at writing otherwise I'd love to enter this film comp! Anyone fancy a collaboration?

Ha, I'm completely the opposite in that I can see ideas and flesh them out but I lack the technical know-how (and the technology). I would definitely be up for a joint effort if you were interested. :ninja:

Original post by DLJ

Spoiler

Hey, if you're dealing with specific plot points of TV shows and films then please use spoiler tags in future. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending