Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

(Original post by dior)
    Shia LaBeouf cannot act. He cannot work well with others. He cannot promote films. Why does he keep getting employed?
    I don't know. Perhaps that will be the topic of Phalanges' next blog entry.

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    I don't know. Perhaps that will be the topic of Phalanges' next blog entry.
    I also get this feeling. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dior)
    Shia LaBeouf cannot act. He cannot work well with others. He cannot promote films. Why does he keep getting employed?
    He also cheated on Carey Mulligan. He's an ass.

ReputationRep:
    Avengers trailer:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51556

Looks surprisingly good. Robert Downey Jr + Whedon's dialogue are pretty much a perfect fit tbh (although the trailer is a bit too Downey-heavy, in truth). Tentatively looking forward to this, although there are still so many ways it can go hideously wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Avengers trailer:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51556

Looks surprisingly good. Robert Downey Jr + Whedon's dialogue are pretty much a perfect fit tbh (although the trailer is a bit too Downey-heavy, in truth). Tentatively looking forward to this, although there are still so many ways it can go hideously wrong.
    If there's one person to carry an ensemble film like The Avengers, it's definitely Whedon. When it comes to the action scenes, it's probably going to be more balanced amongst the main characters screentime-wise...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tam_Diman)
    If there's one person to carry an ensemble film like The Avengers, it's definitely Whedon. When it comes to the action scenes, it's probably going to be more balanced amongst the main characters screentime-wise...
    He's good with ensembles in televised dramas, I suppose, but he has the benefit of building character relationships over several serialized episodes. It's going to be an undeniably tough task to balance these new character relationships and action in a way that's satisfying for the audience. I'm sure he *can* do it, but it's no simple thing, especially when you have little directing experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dior)
    I have to wonder where you stumbled across such eloquent words? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Got a very catfish-y vibe from this short: http://vimeo.com/13780892

It's really well made, just let down a bit by one bad actor.

Avengers trailer looks alright. I'm looking forward to the Banner and Stark dynamic.

ReputationRep:
    Avengers trailer looks pretty good to me.

I get the impression that Stark is the major player though.

ReputationRep:
    recently saw Hannah - meh, just didn't really get into the plot but it was alright

Gonna probably watch drive next

ReputationRep:
    Are they essentially rebooting Hulk, because they've consistently failed to make a good movie about him, or did they just recast him because they couldn't get Edward Norton?

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    Are they essentially rebooting Hulk, because they've consistently failed to make a good movie about him, or did they just recast him because they couldn't get Edward Norton?
    They haven't really been clear on it but there was that Avengers tie in in the Norton film. However, in terms of continuity, there's also that hint Banner had somehow learned to control the Hulk which they might try to avoid. But if they're clever, they would spin that to Loki controlling him somehow. I think it's a reboot personally.

As for casting Edward Norton, it's more a matter of them not wanting him on board. There was a big story about it a while back and how he's not the best person to work with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    I get the impression that Stark is the major player though.
    From the trailer, definitely. Iron Man has been by far Marvel's biggest film success so far, and RDJ is definitely their highest profile star, so I guess it makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)

That's a pretty tough question, considering the NortonHulk and Stark exist in the same universe. And here I thought the films would be welcome respite from the constant cluster**** of comic continuity :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    That's a pretty tough question, considering the NortonHulk and Stark exist in the same universe. And here I thought the films would be welcome respite from the constant cluster**** of comic continuity :facepalm2:
    My thoughts exactly :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I just saw Johnny English Reborn.

Despite the predictability, the cheesy slapstick and the regular ball-shot jokes, I've gotta admit it absolutely slayed me. :rofl:

Will Ferrell needs to take some notes from Rowan Atkinson, man is a god.

Johnny English Reborn was okay. Not as good as the first. Though there were 2 or 3 parts that had me in stitches, which is very rare.

Also saw a poster for 'The Three Musketeers' but on the poster there were 4 guys. This annoyed me. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Also saw a poster for 'The Three Musketeers' but on the poster there were 4 guys. This annoyed me. :pierre:

You'd still have been annoyed back in 1894. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Avengers trailer looks really good. It will be RDJ's movie as, I think, his fee is the most, never mind the Iron Man franchise being the biggest as well. Hulk hasn't been rebooted, just pretend that Mark Ruffalo is Edward Norton :dry:

Also, the main villains' CGI isn't finished yet, I've heard. So Loki isn't the only thing they have to deal with :mmm:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.