Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    I'd definitely be up for this :yep:

(Original post by Pandora.)
    Nice idea there, I'd definately be up for it :yep: Not that I'd have a clue about what to predict, but...

(Original post by Colonel.)
    I'd be up for that.
    I've just created the thread, you can find it here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1820416

Anyone else, feel free to join in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    I've just created the thread, you can find it here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1820416

Nice timing, I was just going to ask how it was going!

ReputationRep:
    I've just created the thread, you can find it here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1820416

Awesome :yy:

I'm going to do some research... :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Awesome :yy:

I'm going to do some research... :beard:
    I just made some guesses. Although if your research seems to significantly disagree with my guesses I reserve the right to change my mind! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I just made some guesses. Although if your research seems to significantly disagree with my guesses I reserve the right to change my mind! :p:
    My "research" seemed to bring me to pretty similar conclusions to you!

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose anyone who saw Johnny English Reborn saw the cameo from Balamory's Archie as a technician?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Going to see We Need To Talk About Kevin on Wednesday, I want it to do the book justice SO BADLY.
    I saw it almost a week ago and I'm still not sure whether or not I liked it... What are your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think of Joss Whedon's new secretly-produced adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing?
    Low budget indie-produced and featuring a lot of his regulars are back for it, including Fred and Wesley as Beatrice and Benedick, and Nathan Fillon as Dogberry; it should definitely be interesting...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/joss-...on-of-m,63897/

http://muchadothemovie.com/

Shame now officially has a NC-17 rating. :sexface:

On the topic of McQueen, his next film, 12 Years a Slave (set for 2012), which already stars Chiwetel Ejiofor and Michael Fassbender, could now star Brad Pitt (who is also producing the film) as well. Already sold. :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackso)
    I saw it almost a week ago and I'm still not sure whether or not I liked it... What are your thoughts?
    To be honest I wasn't particularly a fan of the style that was chosen, I think it would have been better as a series of chronological flashbacks triggered by Eva shown physically writing letters to Franklin like the book.

Spoiler:
    Show
    This would have made the fact that Kevin killed his Dad and Sister a much bigger surprise than it turned out to be. I remember being REALLY shocked discovering that in the book but the way it was filmed, with Eva taking an age to walk up to the white curtain etc. didn't make it a surprise at all.

However, I did think Ezra Miller was FANTASTIC. And both the little Kevins too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    To be honest I wasn't particularly a fan of the style that was chosen, I think it would have been better as a series of chronological flashbacks triggered by Eva shown physically writing letters to Franklin like the book.

Spoiler:
    Show
    This would have made the fact that Kevin killed his Dad and Sister a much bigger surprise than it turned out to be. I remember being REALLY shocked discovering that in the book but the way it was filmed, with Eva taking an age to walk up to the white curtain etc. didn't make it a surprise at all.

However, I did think Ezra Miller was FANTASTIC. And both the little Kevins too!
    Yeah, I sure as hell can't criticise any of the performances. They were dead on, even Celia and I usually can't stand child actors. I thought the editing was too choppy, even if that was the purpose... It seemed too much like a trailer. I can't imagine being able to completely follow or understand it without having read the book.

Agreed on that ending. I felt they missed a huge oppurtunity regarding...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ...the potential visuals of finding their bodies. Seeing Celia's corpse lit up by the fog lights at the crest of the garden, impaled into a standing position against the archery target and not noticing Franklin's corpse until she trips over it.

ReputationRep:
    Page One is going to be shown at a cinema near me next week. Very excited!

ReputationRep:
    A stuntman was killed on the set of The Expendables 2. Very sad. I can't believe people actually wanted a sequel. The first was utter cack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    A stuntman was killed on the set of The Expendables 2. Very sad. I can't believe people actually wanted a sequel. The first was utter cack.
    It's always awful when things like this happen. Very sad for everyone involved.

Looking at the director of the movie, I see he also directed Tomb Raider...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonny_J_D)
    What does everyone think of Joss Whedon's new secretly-produced adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing?
    Low budget indie-produced and featuring a lot of his regulars are back for it, including Fred and Wesley as Beatrice and Benedick, and Nathan Fillon as Dogberry; it should definitely be interesting...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/joss-...on-of-m,63897/

http://muchadothemovie.com/
    Nothing can beat the 1993 version Interesting though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    Nothing can beat the 1993 version Interesting though.
    The Kenneth Branagh one? Yeah, that was good, but this is Joss Whedon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    The Kenneth Branagh one? Yeah, that was good, but this is Joss Whedon.
    True, true...

ReputationRep:
    Oh no. Joss Whedon fan in the room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Oh no. Joss Whedon fan in the room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    Some of Joss Whedon is alright. Dollhouse (and yes, I have watched all of it) was just boring and early on, ****ing terrible. Joss Whedon fans will never hear anything bad about him, never ever ever.

It's just annoying and makes me think even less of Whedon.

That's over. You disagree, I know, so please let's not make this a thing :awesome:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.