Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think I came bottom in all films

ReputationRep:
    Watched less films recently as a result of the return of The Walking Dead and the first episode of Top Boy (work's also been a factor).

So, Terence Malick has an untitled (The Burial, according to rumours) romantic film (Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Javier Bardem, Rachel Weisz) out next year, but plans for two further movies have also been doing the rounds: Lawless, starring Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara, and the oddly titled Knight of Cups () which also features Bale and Blanchett. :beard:

Never go to see Paranormal Activity 3 with friends. They think it's hilarious to nudge you during an especially tense moment and then violate one of the most sacred laws pertaining to cinema viewing: mobiles and mobile light being off. Oh hey, I'll just reply to this text whilst the man on screen is carefully going down a dark corridor.

The Three Musketeers was utter garbage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Never go to see Paranormal Activity 3 with friends. They think it's hilarious to nudge you during an especially tense moment and then violate one of the most sacred laws pertaining to cinema viewing: mobiles and mobile light being off. Oh hey, I'll just reply to this text whilst the man on screen is carefully going down a dark corridor.

The Three Musketeers was utter garbage.
    I'm disappointed you didn't return to the thread by screaming "here's johnny!". :p:

Welcome back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    So, Terence Malick has an untitled (The Burial, according to rumours) romantic film (Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Javier Bardem, Rachel Weisz) out next year, but plans for two further movies have also been doing the rounds: Lawless, starring Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara, and the oddly titled Knight of Cups () which also features Bale and Blanchett. :beard:
    He's also doing an extended Tree of Life thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    He's also doing an extended Tree of Life thing.
    Extended?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Extended?!
    I think he's extending the CGI creation bit to two hours. That's what I remember hearing. And I bet a lot was cut out of Tree of Life as well.

Will try and find the link.

ReputationRep:
    I finally saw First Blood. It is most emphatically not the orgy of mindless violence I was expecting from the Rambo series' reputation. Makes you wonder why they decided to go in that direction for the sequels. In fact, considering the ending, you have to wonder why there were sequels at all. :lolwut: Great film though.

(Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Extended?!
    :yep: As well as a documentary to go with the film. I'm not sure what it's about, though.

So the new Bond film is called Skyfall with Javier Bardem as the villain. Fantastic. But it will have no connections to the Quantum arc, which is a downer.

ReputationRep:
    Ralph Fiennes is in it too. And the Bond girls, Naomie Harris and some European one, look hawt.

ReputationRep:
    I watched all of the Scream movies in the last 3 days.

When I was younger, I never liked them or knew much about them.
    The scripts are fantastic... Kevin Williamson is a genius.

(Original post by Peter Bradshaw)
    The rumour is that Sam Mendes wanted to cast British stage star Simon Russell Beale as the villain, but the producers reckoned he wasn't famous enough.
    Link :beard:

Tbh, my first thought when I heard the casting was that Fiennes was going to be the antagonist...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Ralph Fiennes is in it too. And the Bond girls, Naomie Harris and some European one, look hawt.
    Berenice Marlohe. :sexface:

Very pleased with the cast.
    What they've told us about the plot itself sounds good too. I was surprised with the release date being quite soon, but hey less time to wait.

ReputationRep:
    Saw Moon finally, quite liked it.

And Stranger than fiction too, it's weird to see a serious film with Will ferrel as the lead, but it was surprisingly good imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    Berenice Marlohe. :sexface:

Very pleased with the cast.
    What they've told us about the plot itself sounds good too. I was surprised with the release date being quite soon, but hey less time to wait.
    Why can't I look like her!
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    Why can't I look like her!
    :cry:
    If everyone looked the same, no one would have that :sexface: impact on our eyes. Then again, I wouldn't mind everyone looked like this. :yes:

:fan:

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow.

Jizzed on the screen.

...Is that a ban? :awesome:

She has nice hair but apart from that, I just don't see it. :pierre:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.