Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

These two movies stole my innocence.

What did you like more, The Land Before Time or Hamle... Lion King?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)

These two movies stole my innocence.

What did you like more, The Land Before Time or Hamle... Lion King?
    :cry2:

Why would you come here and do that?

*The Land Before Time is my fave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)

:coma:
    Really looking forward to Brave, but I'm a tiny bit disappointed they picked a princess as their first female protagonist as usually they're so creative with ideas.

However, I will wait until I see it before judging.

Broke my film-fast by watching The Adventures of Tintiin: The Secret of the Unicorn today. I thought it was all right; animated-films-wise, I didn't like it as much as Rango.

ReputationRep:
    It's classic crime night! I've just watched The Big Heat, and I'm moving onto Get Carter.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15889689

Ben Whishaw cast as Q for Sam Mendes' Skyfall. This sort of kills my idea that Q would be the head of Quantum.

ReputationRep:
    50/50 is fantastic

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim temporarily ruined my life and I haven't seen any films in a while. Anyone got any strong recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Skyrim temporarily ruined my life and I haven't seen any films in a while. Anyone got any strong recommendations?
    Watched this today, thought it was excellent. Depends if you like that sort of thing though (I do)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    Watched this today, thought it was excellent. Depends if you like that sort of thing though (I do)

I did see that ages ago. Didn't really engage with it, think Garden State gave me a bad reaction to all introspective dramedy type films. Might give it a rewatch, it has been a few years and I probably wasn't fair on it at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Submarine is fantastic.

(Original post by Colonel.)
    Submarine is fantastic.
    Agreed. :yep:

I loved the comics, and have been looking to get my hands on the film since reading them (quite recently). Steve Buscemi being in it is another massive point of endearment for me.

On another note, Hugo has been getting some fantastic reviews, and as such has already exceeded my expectations. Hats off to Mr Scorcese. :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    I know Empire gave it full marks, but Empire would give it full marks.

ReputationRep:
    Hugo looks interesting, I saw a poster for it before seeing anything else (like an actual trailer) and I dreaded it being animated but it's not, I'm interested, great cast for it too

I really wanna watch 'The Thing' though, came out a few weeks ago and it's like it's been forgotten already, like the Footloose remake (well deservedly so)

ReputationRep:
    Bill Murray hanging out with a couple of Wu-Tang members

ReputationRep:
    Bill Murray hanging out with a couple of Wu-Tang members

Coffee and Cigarettes is ****ing ace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Coffee and Cigarettes is ****ing ace.
    Hah, I didn't know the story behind the picture. The internet is awesome. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The new Muppets film isn't going to be out until February in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Really?! That's ****ing ****, I've heard it's fantastic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.