Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Saw the full trailer for The Iron Lady, it looks flippin' fantastic. Streep is on ****ing fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Saw the full trailer for The Iron Lady, it looks flippin' fantastic. Streep is on ****ing fire.

That looks ****ing outstanding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)

I love Meryl, and I really wish I could go see this. I hope to see some reviews from you lot once it's out! When is that by the way?

I'd love for her to get another Oscar for this, though I have a feeling Glenn Close might pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    The Ides of March is really depressing :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    I love Meryl, and I really wish I could go see this. I hope to see some reviews from you lot once it's out! When is that by the way?

I'd love for her to get another Oscar for this, though I have a feeling Glenn Close might pull it off.
    Don't rule out Michelle Williams completely.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else use this website?

http://www.icheckmovies.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Don't rule out Michelle Williams completely.
    Ah good call, I forgot about her. She's second on this list, although I don't know how reliable that is

(Original post by JClive)

I do but not very much. Adding every film you've watched is a daunting task!

Phalanges had a good idea concerning a forum project that we discussed which would involve users tracking various entertainment mediums but it will probably be some time until it is put into place.

ReputationRep:

I didn't know about that! It seems quite similar to a website about books, so I might sign up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)

Phalanges had a good idea concerning a forum project that we discussed which would involve users tracking various entertainment mediums but it will probably be some time until it is put into place.
    Yeah it was a daunting task but I managed to add every film I have seen (I think - maybe missing 2-3) on the website and I have seen 955 films. Which is pretty decent. :cool:

ReputationRep:

Can you elaborate on this? It sounds good, but I'm not entirely sure I get the gist of it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was a daunting task but I managed to add every film I have seen (I think - maybe missing 2-3) on the website and I have seen 955 films. Which is pretty decent. :cool:
    Here we go
    http://www.icheckmovies.com/profile/-catherine-/
    I have a bad feeling there's not going to be many on there compared with the rest of you What's your profile?

ReputationRep:
    I have a list of every film I've seen and would buy on DVD

(Just checked - 100 exactly)

Can you elaborate on this? It sounds good, but I'm not entirely sure I get the gist of it.
    We spent a few days finding the best 'tracking' websites for various entertainment mediums and found quite a few including the one posted above and GoodReads as well as ones for TV shows, music and video games.

The general idea essentially was to have a project within the forum that made users (who wanted to take part) sign up to these websites and begin tracking collectively for a year. It was supposed to be a running project which would slowly amass a whole culture and wealth of information about what films had been watched, books read, games played and TV shows watched. So at the end of the year everybody could reflect back on the information like a bit of a social experiment.

The prospect of having a community driven tracking across various entertainment mediums was quite exciting since normally you track by yourself (and any other people who happen to use the website). The 'What did you last play/watch/listen/read' on a larger scale really.

Anyway, he's probably been really busy to work on it too much but it might happen one day.

ReputationRep:
    Re the Oscars...

Apart from being exceptionally beautiful (even more so than the real Marilyn imo) in the role, I didn't feel like Williams did anything spectacular, though I may be biased as I found the whole film a complete bore fest.

On the other hand, I have a feeling Streep is going to blow my actual face off.

From the films I've seen this year so far I'd go for Tilda Swinton, probably Williams, Viola Davis and then I'm guessing Meryl and Glenn Close will make up the five.

ReputationRep:
    We spent a few days finding the best 'tracking' websites for various entertainment mediums and found quite a few including the one posted above and GoodReads as well as ones for TV shows, music and video games.

The general idea essentially was to have a project within the forum that made users (who wanted to take part) sign up to these websites and begin tracking collectively for a year. It was supposed to be a running project which would slowly amass a whole culture and wealth of information about what films had been watched, books read, games played and TV shows watched. So at the end of the year everybody could reflect back on the information like a bit of a social experiment.

The prospect of having a community driven tracking across various entertainment mediums was quite exciting since normally you track by yourself (and any other people who happen to use the website). The 'What did you last play/watch/listen/read' on a larger scale really.

Anyway, he's probably been really busy to work on it too much but it might happen one day.
    Ah I see. That sounds like a really good idea, I'd love to take part if it was to happen. But say I was already signed up to one of those sites - would I make a new account and just add the films I saw in that year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Re the Oscars...

Apart from being exceptionally beautiful (even more so than the real Marilyn imo) in the role, I didn't feel like Williams did anything spectacular, though I may be biased as I found the whole film a complete bore fest.

On the other hand, I have a feeling Streep is going to blow my actual face off.

From the films I've seen this year so far I'd go for Tilda Swinton, probably Williams, Viola Davis and then I'm guessing Meryl and Glenn Close will make up the five.
    It's Streep. Streep wins.

ReputationRep:

I would so use this

ReputationRep:
    Here we go
    http://www.icheckmovies.com/profile/-catherine-/
    I have a bad feeling there's not going to be many on there compared with the rest of you What's your profile?
    My profile:
    http://www.icheckmovies.com/profile/jcs/

Tacking and 'ticking' what films you have seen has actually started to get me obsessed with films and I have been watching a lot lately.

Has anyone heard of Margaret? It was directed by Kenneth Lonergan, stars Anna Paquin, Matt Damon, Matthew Broderick and Mark Ruffalo, finished production about six years ago, and is just being released in a limited fashion. The few critics who have seen it are saying it's incredible, but there's some trouble with the Studio (Fox), and they're not giving it much publicity or promotion at all. There's a more detailed report of the whole thing here.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.