Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/...lan?CMP=twt_fd

:nothing:

I get the feeling people are going to be very, very sick of superhero films soon.

Only surprise there is him producing the 're-invention' of Batman. It's logical the franchise would be rebooted after The Dark Knight Rises.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/...lan?CMP=twt_fd

:nothing:

I get the feeling people are going to be very, very sick of superhero films soon.
    A Justice League movie? AQUAMAN FTW.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Only surprise there is him producing the 're-invention' of Batman. It's logical the franchise would be rebooted after The Dark Knight Returns.
    Rises*

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    Rises*
    :emo:

ReputationRep:
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    Only surprise there is him producing the 're-invention' of Batman. It's logical the franchise would be rebooted after The Dark Knight Rises.

Mm. WB are never going to stop milking this cash cow. Justice League is going to be very hard to pull off though. The comic and tv series work well because you can focus on different characters within the JLA from month to month and week to week without making it seem crap and jarring; with a film it's inevitably going to end up being the Batman and Superman show.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Capturing Mary.

I liked it, very eerie, but I can think of so many people who would have been a better choice than David Walliams.

ReputationRep:
    Logical by the way Hollywood works, but not by many other standards.

ReputationRep:
    Clint Eastwood as an elderly Bruce Wayne...perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Mm. WB are never going to stop milking this cash cow. Justice League is going to be very hard to pull off though. The comic and tv series work well because you can focus on different characters within the JLA from month to month and week to week without making it seem crap and jarring; with a film it's inevitably going to end up being the Batman and Superman show.
    A justice league live action movie would be interesting... if that ever gets made even, at this rate with the current Batman films cast and director to leave, it'll have to be with the re-booted Batman series and the superman reboot

Could make a 2017, 2018 release date maaybe

ReputationRep:
    Quite late, but:

Ridley Scott to return to work of sci-fi icon for BBC mini-series

any new info on this?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-revealed.html ----- I'm sure that news will be exciting for a few people here, it's interesting... a prequel too, it can work somehow

ReputationRep:
    Picked up Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy for £1.50 each today.

Now i can actually watch them without being interrupted by damn adverts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-revealed.html ----- I'm sure that news will be exciting for a few people here, it's interesting... a prequel too, it can work somehow
    This makes me happy, the ending of the first film was so perfect that I was afraid they were going to ruin it by trying to add things.

I very much like the idea of a prequel!

(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    it can work somehow
    (Original post by aja89)
    I was afraid they were going to ruin it by trying to add things.

Have some faith Pixar can do no wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike the amount of hate Cars gets from a fair few people.

ReputationRep:
    Have some faith Pixar can do no wrong.
    Hah fair enough, what about Cars... meh. Cars II may be, ok

and agreed Aja, Monsters Inc slips my mind a lot when I think of good, iconic pixar films but it's really good. Think I've only ever seen it twice

Lol what a coincidence Cambo

(Original post by Christien)
    Do you think they'll still go ahead if a film like The Avengers completely fails? Or will they go ahead of the basis of the strength of the characters and their respective films?

It would have to be the new Batman then, since the current Batman (and universe) doesn't mix with 'super-powers' all that well.

(Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Logical by the way Hollywood works, but not by many other standards.
    Yeah, I agree (though they wouldn't have much choice seeing that TDKR would probably close up the Batman story - Nolan said so in two interviews, Christian Bale said it is his last film and I'm guessing most of the cast won't be back). I'd hate to see another origin story, and a 're-invention' would probably move away from that Nolan 'closer to reality' universe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    How'd the writing comp go btw? :holmes:
    Ah, apologies. I have been pretty busy over the last few days, I'll put up the results now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    A Justice League movie? AQUAMAN FTW.
    James Cameron could direct. And Vincent Chase could star in it.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.