Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Hah fair enough, what about Cars... meh. Cars II may be, ok

and agreed Aja, Monsters Inc slips my mind a lot when I think of good, iconic pixar films but it's really good. Think I've only ever seen it twice

Lol what a coincidence Cambo
    Cars was a brilliant film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    James Cameron could direct. And Vincent Chase could star in it.
    :awesome:

The Tree of Life to be released in Britain on May 4th

ReputationRep:
    I want to see 'your Highness' , I like James Franco.

I want to see 'your Highness' , I like those shots of Natalie Portman in a thong.
    Fixed. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Do you think they'll still go ahead if a film like The Avengers completely fails? Or will they go ahead of the basis of the strength of the characters and their respective films?

Batman and Superman are in a different league to anyone featured in The Avengers, to the extent that any film featuring either is bound to be at least somewhat profitable. The Avengers is a very different beast from JLA; while Iron Man's profile has increased lately, and Hulk and Cap will be familiar to most, there's no true AAA superheroes like Spider-Man or Wolverine to steal the spotlight. It'll ensure a genuine team dynamic, and probably a stronger story, but people might not respond to it.

Justice League, if it happens, is going to be successful regardless of how good it is, because a Batman/Superman team up sounds too awesome to resist. To this end, marginalization of every other JLA member is sadly inevitable. It probably won't happen, anyway; every attempt at a Justice League/Batman and Superman film to date has failed miserably.

ReputationRep:
    Where are such shots? :holmes:

I'm kind of hoping they don't try. Especially after what Nolan has done to make Batman a bit more realistic; introducing an alien perfect-being would ruin that image considerably imo.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-revealed.html ----- I'm sure that news will be exciting for a few people here, it's interesting... a prequel too, it can work somehow
    That actually sounds like a great idea! oooh I can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I'm kind of hoping they don't try. Especially after what Nolan has done to make Batman a bit more realistic; introducing an alien perfect-being would ruin that image considerably imo.
    Batman after The Dark Knight Rises will be a completely different style to Nolan's Batman. Warner Bros. would be stupid to try and make it similar.

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    They won't do it with Nolan's batman, but with the 're-invention' they are contemplating.

I sort of touched upon this above.

It would have to be the new Batman then, since the current Batman (and universe) doesn't mix with 'super-powers' all that well.

a 're-invention' would probably move away from that Nolan 'closer to reality' universe.
    (Original post by internetstephen)
    Batman after The Dark Knight Rises will be a completely different style to Nolan's Batman. Warner Bros. would be stupid to try and make it similar.
    :ditto:

And welcome to the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Can't WB just leave Batman alone for a bit? Is there license running out on the character or something?

(Original post by Christien)
    Batman and Superman are in a different league to anyone featured in The Avengers, to the extent that any film featuring either is bound to be at least somewhat profitable. The Avengers is a very different beast from JLA; while Iron Man's profile has increased lately, and Hulk and Cap will be familiar to most, there's no true AAA superheroes like Spider-Man or Wolverine to steal the spotlight. It'll ensure a genuine team dynamic, and probably a stronger story, but people might not respond to it.

Justice League, if it happens, is going to be successful regardless of how good it is, because a Batman/Superman team up sounds too awesome to resist. To this end, marginalization of every other JLA member is sadly inevitable. It probably won't happen, anyway; every attempt at a Justice League/Batman and Superman film to date has failed miserably.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the insight. So I'm guessing the possibility of a JLA film any time soon is partly dependant on how successful Snyder's Man of Steel is?

Do the stories featuring Batman and Superman together work well? Any good?

X-Men 4 and 5 still in the pipeline, says producer

http://io9.com/#!5786657/x+men-4-and...-says-producer

:K:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i read that the other day.

It means coming up with some good reasoning to bring back a couple of main characters from the 'dead'.

(Original post by cambo211)
    It means coming up with some good reasoning to bring back a couple of main characters from the 'dead'.
    There was that scene with Professor X's voice after the credits of the third film. He must have transported his consciousness into the body of a comatose patient, like he talked about near the start of the film.

Cyclops though. :rip:

ReputationRep:
    There was that scene with Professor X's voice after the credits of the third film. He must have transported his consciousness into the body of a comatose patient, like he talked about near the start of the film.

Cyclops though. :rip:
    Not necessarily about Cyclops :awesome:

Edit: I hate it when i read about a very plausible theory and then can't find the source for that theory.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the insight. So I'm guessing the possibility of a JLA film any time soon is partly dependant on how successful Snyder's Man of Steel is?

Do the stories featuring Batman and Superman together work well? Any good?

Partially, yes, but Superman's probably going to be a big box office draw anyway. If Cavill really makes the character his own, I'm sure they'll want him to show up, but it won't matter too much. Doubt even a colossal balls-up of Quest for Peace proportions will stop them if they want/need the money enough to make it.

I generally don't read the Batman/Superman comics. I don't really like Superman, and I find Batman to be far more interesting on his own. But The Dark Knight Returns is amazing (the bits with Superman especially) as anyone who likes comics will tell you. I also liked JLA: Tower of Babel, but that's more Batman-centric (and Superman and the rest of the JLA spend a fair amount of it incapacitated), and I enjoyed the issue of Hush where Superman shows up.

ReputationRep:
    Kingdom Come has a nice Batman/Superman thing going on.

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from 5 days in Finland... I've missed so much in this thread!

I feel like the new kid in school all over again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.