x Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

Announcements

And the year has started with The Shawshank Redemption :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Today I watched:

Megamind - 9/10
    Knight and Day - 9/10
    Love and Other Drugs - 5/10, stopped watching halfway through because nothing was happening and it wasn't funny either

ReputationRep:
    Watched The Butterfly Effect yesterday, whilst I was hungover and sleep deprived. It was incredibly weird (but maybe that was because I wasn't really in the right state of mind to comprehend a psychological thriller), and I thought they could of done a lot more with it, for all the potential that the storyline had. Also I didn't care for any of the characters, they were majorly underdeveloped. Bit of a shame really, so I'll give it 5/10.

Now going to watch Grave Of The Fireflies...

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a new film which is like, upbeat and youthful, kind of like The Hangover / American Pie / Transformers

ReputationRep:
    RIP Bob Anderson, the man who did Darth Vader's fighting in the Star Wars movies as well as being a prolific sword master for many films, including the Lord of the Rings.

I was told that 'Tangled' was an amazing film by more than a few people (half being male). Can anyone here confirm this for me?

I haven't really bothered finding out what it was about because it looked like a chick-y, fairy-tale film, but I might give it a looksie if it's up there with "Monsters Inc.", "Finding Nemo", "Up" and the like.

(Original post by Delta_Aitch)
    I was told that 'Tangled' was an amazing film by more than a few people (half being male). Can anyone here confirm this for me?

I haven't really bothered finding out what it was about because it looked like a chick-y, fairy-tale film, but I might give it a looksie if it's up there with "Monsters Inc.", "Finding Nemo", "Up" and the like.
    It's pretty damn good tbh. It's Rapunzel's story. With a cool horse and chameleon. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phyos)
    This is pretty interesting. It's Mark Kermode's Top 10 Movies of 2011:

I respect Mark and his opinion, find him kinda funny too but he annoys me at the same time, he comes across as having an air of smugness about him (maybe unintentionally), he had a film review show on TV right?

(Original post by ManBeast)
    Went to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at the cinema this week. Really enjoyed it, I think it helped that I hadn't read the books/seen the Swedish film or even have an idea of what the plot was before viewing.

I will avoid reading the books if they are going to be made into movies, hopefully to have the same effect!

I've had Enya stuck in my head ever since though...
    Apparently GWTDT has bombed in the box office, or at least done worse than it was expected to... thought it'd have been a bigger hit

(Original post by JessicaW)
    It's pretty damn good tbh. It's Rapunzel's story. With a cool horse and chameleon. :daydreaming:
    :lol: yeah, I heard the horse was amazing. I'll watch it tonight then!

Just watched "30 Minutes or Less" with Jesse Eisenberg and Aziz Ansari. Man alive, Jesse is cute :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I watched 30MOL yesterday also. Was alright. Aziz Ansari is a fairly amazing comic actor.

I love Aziz Ansari! :adore:

Wasn't a bad film at all, tbh.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I was kind of coasting along with the idea that the bomb was a fake until right at the end

London Boulevard is such a poor film. Unsurprisingly, but still.

ReputationRep:
    I know nothing about it, but the title is awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Apparently GWTDT has bombed in the box office, or at least done worse than it was expected to... thought it'd have been a bigger hit
    I read that too. Hopefully the sequels will see it to a cinema one day, also read that if they are made they will both be filmed at the same time.

(Original post by Colonel.)
    I know nothing about it, but the title is awful.
    Ray Winstone is in it. 'Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    Here, have some warm and fuzzy

Sweet babby jeebus, that is adorable.

I watched about 15 minutes of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 this morning. Is it really necessary for it to be that dark? I understand that it's supposed to be darker in tone, but it's impossible to see anything in loads of the shots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    Ray Winstone is in it. 'Nuff said.
    Not at all! Scum is a good film, though very hard to watch. And Sexy Beast is enjoyable too.

(Original post by aja89)
    Not at all! Scum is a good film, though very hard to watch. And Sexy Beast is enjoyable too.
    Oh, I'm not saying he's not been in some good films - Departed for example, I just hate the man.

ReputationRep:
    Casually popped on Harry & The Hendersons whilst doing some essay writing earlier, I'd completely forgotten about the bit when George punches Harry to get him to go away. ****ing TEARS EVERYWHERE. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.