Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well they did cop out by 'suddenly' realising she wouldn't be safe if she was with him and thus excluding her for 99% of the film.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think you might be thinking a little too deeply. :p: I just assumed that, like Ving Rhames, Michelle Monaghan either didn't want to or couldn't make the time commitment to have a starring role in the film. The last scene probably only meant a day's shooting, and was a nice was of keeping the continuity of the franchise (in particular, I think it's important that they kept in Luther Stickel, as he's the only person to be in all of the films aside from Ethan).

That said, I was a little disappointed that they didn't take the Mr & Mrs Smith route after the ending of 3...

ReputationRep:
    Watched Revolutionary Road this morning, and I really enjoyed it; Winslet and Di Caprio bounce off each other nicely, and the soundtrack was beautifully understated. I loved the realism of it all as well, and how the picturesque surroundings were juxtaposed with the ugly subject matter. I will have to give the book a read.

Now for American Psycho (I feel so ashamed that I haven't watched it before) and Another Earth.

ReputationRep:
    I went to see The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (with my mum). It was great, but a little bit awkward watching some scenes (with my mum).

Yeah, I loved the film, I don't know how to compare it with the Swedish version, but I can say the American version had a better ending, getting rid of some awkward things to make it a more complete film, but the Swedish version did have the guarantee that all three films would be made.

Oh well, good film, Fincher dos it again. Shout out to Raznor and Ross who did the soundtrack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheep_go_baa)
    The soundtrack to Submarine was also brilliant.
    I think the soundtrack really worked well. I like that they used original music because it left the time setting of the film quite ambiguous.

I need to watch it again.

I just watched Being John Malkovich. Wow. Ridiculously original, wonderfully ****ed up. :top:

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    Any general kind of movie you'd prefer? :holmes:
    action crime drama sort of thing :holmes:

Might be watching Bronson

ReputationRep:
    Saw 'Atrocious', spanish found footage horror film, meh not scary at all. Should have taken some pointers from 'REC'

The Thing should've been a bigger hit... shame really, Mary elizabeth winstead is just great in everything

(Original post by S-man10)

No Country for Old Men?
    Animal Kingdom?
    Insomnia?
    Carlito's Way?
    The Score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)

Inside Man.

:ditto: Good call.

Also:

The Daparted
    Gone Baby Gone
    Blow

If you haven't seen them already.

Thanks

Canine conspiracy in the Academy? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    SHERLOCK HOLMES could turn me gay.

Edit: Actually, no. No one could.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to watch harry potter (last two movies) ... Are they actually any good? any comments on them? please dont spoil the ending... Yes, i still dont KNOW! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolkat)
    please dont spoil the ending... Yes, i still dont KNOW! lol
    :eek:

I really want to watch harry potter (last two movies) ... Are they actually any good? any comments on them? please dont spoil the ending... Yes, i still dont KNOW! lol
    Read the books. :top:

ReputationRep:
    Well you should really read the books.

But at least watch all of the films if you insist on not reading them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Well you should really read the books.

But at least watch all of the films if you insist on not reading them
    And then come back and say "Wait, what the hell happened when Snape was dying? That bit was impossible to follow" and get drowned out by all the Harry Potter fanatics saying "How dare you insult that part it's the best Alan Rickman deserves an Oscar for being Snape!!!!".

ReputationRep:
    One of the best mash up trailers ever?

ReputationRep:
    Contagion is amazing. I sincerely hope Soderbergh doesn't follow through with his threat to retire, on his day he is up there with the best directors currently working.

Also saw the Abrams Star Trek after a couple of years putting it off (due mostly to it being Star Trek). It has to be the first work associated with that terrible franchise that I've ever genuinely liked. Probably because it doesn't get bogged down in continuity etc. and it puts being a genuinely enjoyable film over everything else, fanboys be damned.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.