Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    Question:
    Is it worth rewatching Mission: Impossible III before I go to see Ghost Protocol? I vaguely remember what happens but would it help?

ReputationRep:
    I've got Warrior and Tyrannosaurus to watch :coma:

(Original post by sheep_go_baa)
    Question:
    Is it worth rewatching Mission: Impossible III before I go to see Ghost Protocol? I vaguely remember what happens but would it help?
    Aside from knowing about his relationship with his wife, Julia, not really. Ghost Protocol is a fresh story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    I've got Warrior and Tyrannosaurus to watch :coma:
    Also stilll need to see Warrior, heard great things about it. How good is that Tom Hardy eh

ReputationRep:
    It's been five months. I feel like watching Lord of the Rings again (extended).

I love Emiliana Torrini's voice.
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by Luceria)
    It's been five months. I feel like watching Lord of the Rings again (extended).

I love Emiliana Torrini's voice.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Was that song in the films?

It so happens I'm about to start watching The Two Towers right now. Re-watching LOTR has become an obsession, being repeated every 6 months or so. I don't want to think about 2014 when both the extended versions of the Hobbit films will have been released on Bluray. 5 film marathon. :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Was that song in the films?

It so happens I'm about to start watching The Two Towers right now. Re-watching LOTR has become an obsession, being repeated every 6 months or so. I don't want to think about 2014 when both the extended versions of the Hobbit films will have been released on Bluray. 5 film marathon. :ashamed2:
    It's in the last scene and credits of Two Towers.

Brilliant! I think I'll watch Fellowship of the Ring now. I'm the same.
    Edit: It'll be sad when it's all over. But I'll definitely have a 5 film marathon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    I'm a little bit in love with this poster:

Tilt your screen/head to see it.
    Am I missing something?

EDIT: I see! :awesome:

Three high school friends gain superpowers of superhuman strength, telekinesis, flight, and invulnerability after making an incredible discovery in a mysterious crater. Soon, though, they find their lives spinning out of control and their bond tested as they embrace their darker sides.

Budget: $15 million

ReputationRep:
    I hate that film purely because it disrupts my youtube with adverts

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa true, but I like the plot concept, although the title doesn't really do it for me.

ReputationRep:
    Just saw Margin Call, which is as excellent as it should be given the phenomenal cast.

And they showed the Spiderman trailer beforehand, which looks so good. First person webslinging looks like an interesting decision...

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God. Just watched Heavenly Creatures.

I can't remember the last time a film has disturbed me that much. That final scene was almost unbearable to watch even though it wasn't particularly graphic.

EDIT: Holy crap, just found out it was based on a true story.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched a film called Cube, its one of the those random films that no one speaks about. Anyone seen it? Its surprisingly horrific but nonetheless entertaining, in ways perhaps not intended.. XD

ReputationRep:
    Never watched too many Westerns and I want to try and watch more to plug that area of weakness. Started today with A Fistful of Dollars. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    That whole trilogy is great.

I recommend 3:10 to Yuma, both versions. People have been raving about True Grit as well.

Once you've watched enough, watch Blazing Saddles and realise how stupid everything is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    That whole trilogy is great.

I recommend 3:10 to Yuma, both versions. People have been raving about True Grit as well.

Once you've watched enough, watch Blazing Saddles and realise how stupid everything is.
    Currently queued up I have the dollars trilogy, Butch Cassidy, Unforgiven, Once upon a time in the west and the Treasure of Sierra Madre.

Inside Man it is probably :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Currently queued up I have the dollars trilogy, Butch Cassidy, Unforgiven, Once upon a time in the west and the Treasure of Sierra Madre.
    Forgot about those two :facepalm:

Once Upon a Time in the West - my god, the best Western to have graced cinema. :coma:

In addition to Dollars and 3:10, and if you're not burnt out at that point, The Searchers and High Plains Drifter are good shouts.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.