Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't even think it looks THAT good. It's different.

Oh and **** that SS SLJ in that movie. Makes no sense whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    I don't even think it looks THAT good. It's different.

Oh and **** that SS SLJ in that movie. Makes no sense whatsoever.
    I didn't say it made sense, just that it was hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    I have never commented on this thread before, why, I do not know. However, I would like to point out that I watched 'In The Name of the Father' about 5 years ago and remains the most superb film I have ever seen. I do hope I haven't interrupted the discussion in process on this thread, I just felt I had to share that. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    I have never commented on this thread before, why, I do not know. However, I would like to point out that I watched 'In The Name of the Father' about 5 years ago and remains the most superb film I have ever seen. I do hope I haven't interrupted the discussion in process on this thread, I just felt I had to share that. Thank you.
    That film is in my top 3. It's fantastic.

(Original post by Shaun1991)
    It's one of my favourites as well. I don't think I've been as affected by any other acting performance as I have by Daniel Day-Lewis in that film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    thanks for the suggestion. Layer Cake it maybe tonight
    It's really damn good, and it's a good piece of recent history given how far some of the cast and crew have gone since then.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Whenever someone recommends a Lynch film, they should always add a disclaimer in their post. :pierre:
    Disclaimer: You may think that this film is a piece of overly-pretentious ****. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    It's really damn good, and it's a good piece of recent history given how far some of the cast and crew have gone since then.

Disclaimer: You may think that this film is a piece of overly-pretentious ****. :ninja:
    When you say "a piece of overly-pretentious ****" the film that comes to mind is Mulholland drive, I know loads of people really like it but it wasn't for me, Lynch is awesome but MD... meh

It was, quite enjoyed it. Felt compelled to watch t after hearing about Tom Hardy being part of the cast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vitamortis)
    I just finished watching Black Swan, and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! This is what film is about! An absolute ****ing religious experience!
    I thought it was total crap, to be honest. The only thing I liked about it was Mila Kunis' performance in it. Other than that I thought it was just way too over-dramatic and tried too hard to be arty just by having it take place in a ballet studio.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree, the only good performance was Vincent Cassel's.

ReputationRep:
    Black Swan was amazing. I don't understand how anything different can be said.

black swan it is tonight

ReputationRep:
    I felt a lot of scenes in Black that were meant to be dramatic just came off cartoon-like and silly, like when she stuffs her toys in the rubbish chute. It just didn't 'click' with me as a good film.

ReputationRep:

Mute and enjoy :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51hisKA_CCc

this is a great horror trailer made by some student

ReputationRep:

Yes please.

(Original post by Pi!)
    I thought it was total crap, to be honest. The only thing I liked about it was Mila Kunis' performance in it. Other than that I thought it was just way too over-dramatic and tried too hard to be arty just by having it take place in a ballet studio.
    The perception of art is indubitably subjective, but it's very unfair that you deem it to be total crap; the themes presented in the movie are interesting and I thought they were well executed. And not to mention the absolutely astounding reworking of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake by Clint Mansell. Perhaps on your next viewing you ought to turn the volume up - the experience of film often changes when your senses of vision and sound are encapsulated and you experience nothing but the film itself.

But in no way am I asserting that your opinion is wrong. Each to their own, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    I could not disagree more.

Yes please.
    That's a pretty impressive cast. :yep:

Anybody got any recommendations?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.