Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap, this is still a thing. How is this still a thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niGstaymad)

The #1 film that changed cinema forever
    Just no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Holy crap, this is still a thing. How is this still a thing?

Wow, just wow. Nazi's on the moon. That is the craziest, dumbest, most fantastical plot ever. Definitely going to be either good or really really bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chancellorroberts)
    Wow, just wow. Nazi's on the moon. That is the craziest, dumbest, most fantastical plot ever. Definitely going to be either good or really really bad
    Not just space Nazis. Space Nazis vs Sarah Palin.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chud.com/83085/seven-psyc...-three-stills/

I am putting this near the top of my Most Anticipated for 2012 list. Martin McDonagh is a genius, as you know if you've seen In Bruges or read any of his plays (or seen any of his plays, but seriously who has the time or money to go to the theatre these days).

ReputationRep:
    What a cast in that film.

:ditto:

ReputationRep:
    The ABCs of Death is right up there as one of my most anticipated films of the year. I just love the concept of it.

ReputationRep:
    Tom Waits is in it :excited: He will show up for one scene and steal the entire ****ing movie. Which is usually Walken (who is also starring) territory. Hm.

Making my way through Fincher's catalogue. :smug:

Was in the mood for some light action yesterday, so watched Captain America

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Making my way through Fincher's catalogue. :smug:
    It's pretty fantastic.

(Original post by Colonel.)
    It's pretty fantastic.
    I know right. I think I've watched parts of The Game before but not the entire film. And there are so many small things I've picked up re-watching Fight Club. I have rediscovered my appreciation for Brad Pitt, he's such a talented actor.

I find it interesting that two of the best English-language films of the past year were made by Scandanavian directors. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Movie poster cliches, so true!

http://i.imgur.com/Kl8fq.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Movie poster cliches, so true!

http://i.imgur.com/Kl8fq.jpg
    There are a lot of movie posters of certain compositions, granted, but then there are a lot of movie posters. It's not entirely surprising that a lot of the same themes are shared a lot of times.

Though there are a lot of very similar posters in that link, it also has to be said that the various poses/angles covered are reasonably comprehensive. There's limited options on a movie poster, in that it has to be relatively simplistic and convey a point/entice people in, within a limited space. It can't be too 'busy' - cluttered - either. Obviously, original posters are great, and often really make the poster stand out, but using simplistic advertising devices on a movie poster is probably a reasonable place to be saving on costs (given that virals and commercials are targeted by most producers, and tend to make more of an impact).

ReputationRep:
    'Blue' is a cliché?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I find it interesting that two of the best English-language films of the past year were made by Scandanavian directors. :beard:
    TTSS was one, was Drive the other?

(Original post by Colonel.)
    TTSS was one, was Drive the other?
    :yep: Nicolas Winding Refn is Danish.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely think The Bodyguard is in for a watch today.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.