The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by PoGo HoPz
You can't go wrong with We Were Soldiers.

Really? If you were American I'd understand why you'd like it but to me it was just a bunch if nationalist crap.

(Admittedly the actual fighting scenes were pretty good)
Jude Law has a quietly terrific filmography. The man has made some excellent choices over the years.
He did have that spell where he only remade Michael Caine movies though.
Reply 5983
Seeing Titanic 3D on Wednesday and am ridiculously excited about it. It was the first film I can remember going to see at the cinema, I must have snuck in because I was only 7 or 8. It blew my brain into about a million pieces. Aaaah nostalgia. :colondollar:
Original post by aja89
Seeing Titanic 3D on Wednesday and am ridiculously excited about it. It was the first film I can remember going to see at the cinema, I must have snuck in because I was only 7 or 8. It blew my brain into about a million pieces. Aaaah nostalgia. :colondollar:

:biggrin:
Reply 5985
Watched Pirates! In An Adventure with Scientists today. There were some pretty funny parts in it, but it just felt to me a lot longer than its 88 minutes.
Going to the cinema again in a week's time-really hope its to see Wrath of the titans.
Reply 5987
I watched The Battleship Potemkin today, thought it was pretty amazing :yy:
Original post by Dalek1099
Going to the cinema again in a week's time-really hope its to see Wrath of the titans.

Possibly one of greatest films ever made after Transformers 3. Enjoy :smile:
Original post by Aj12
Yeah. I'm writing an essay on vietnam war films and I was thinking of using full metal jacket and Platoon

You should watch Hamburger Hill and The Green Berets. The latter was actually filmed while the war was taking place so that could be interesting for you to write about.
Rofl.
Original post by Pheylan

Brilliant film.

Original post by Phalanges
Apocalypse Now is not about Vietnam. It is Vietnam.

Brilliant film as well.
Reply 5992
Original post by Pheylan

Found and bought this in an Oxfam shop a couple of days ago! I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard such good things about it; pretty chuffed about it. :biggrin:

You top yourself every time.
Original post by Colonel.

If he topped himself, we wouldn't have to put up with him.
Original post by Colonel.

Youve bewildered me:confused:
Watching The Way Back Again. I'd forgotten just how good it was.
I should watch MIB I and II because I own them but haven't ended up watching them yet and MIB III is coming out soon.
I should watch MIB I and II because I own them but haven't ended up watching them yet and MIB III is coming out soon.

How insightful of you.

I'll be right back, guys! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending