Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    Does anyone else feel that these trailers (this one in particular) are a little too revealing, plot-wise? I mean, anyone who's read the comics (Knightfall in particular) will know basically what Bane is about, but watching the above trailer made me feel like I was being given too much information on what was about to happen. :erm:

Still really looking forward to it, of course, but also hoping that I'm wrong.
    On the contary, I think the opposite. I still have little clue on what the film is about. Yes, some things do seem clear like what happens to Batman/Bruce halfway during the film but you could have gleaned as much from the title. Nolan is also good at misdirecting certain elements of a film through a trailer. You can see it if you watch The Dark Knight and associated trailers.

Promotheus, on the other hand, is entering that territory. The latest trailer is way too revealing. I'm staying away from anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Drew Goddard co-wrote the film as well.
    My mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    My mistake.
    Love your avatar! Castle. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Watched my first Kubrick film the other day, 'Eyes Wide Shut'.

Absolutely incredible, Cruise's performance was brilliant, as is the cinematography, the lighting is spectacular, so moody and atmospheric. Still thinking about it days later.
    Got it on blu-ray for a fiver in HMV hells yes.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else feel that these trailers (this one in particular) are a little too revealing, plot-wise? I mean, anyone who's read the comics (Knightfall in particular) will know basically what Bane is about, but watching the above trailer made me feel like I was being given too much information on what was about to happen. :erm:

Still really looking forward to it, of course, but also hoping that I'm wrong.
    Isn't he...

Spoiler:
    Show
    the one who breaks Bruce Wayne's back in the comics? I remember seeing an article on batman on a news site a while ago with it showing someone doing that in the comic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Isn't he...

Spoiler:
    Show
    the one who breaks Bruce Wayne's back in the comics? I remember seeing an article on batman on a news site a while ago with it showing someone doing that in the comic.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :yep: It is why he is generally seen as Batmans most dangerous enemy as he is also incredibly intelligent. Completely unlike the moronic Bane from the Schumacher films :sigh:

(Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Isn't he...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes. :yep: I think that that much is going to happen is pretty clear (maybe not that specific incident, but something similar); I just hope there is some sort of substantial undertone, like in The Dark Knight, and that people are right in keeping faith with Nolan's reputation for misleading his audience with false hints and stuff (so that there is some genuine tension in the plot).

(Original post by Mess.)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :yep: It is why he is generally seen as Batmans most dangerous enemy as he is also incredibly intelligent. Completely unlike the moronic Bane from the Schumacher films :sigh:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Such an annoying misrepresentation of what the character's supposed to be like. :facepalm2: I don't know why they felt so compelled to go with brawns = lack of brains. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Such an annoying misrepresentation of what the character's supposed to be like. :facepalm2: I don't know why they felt so compelled to go with brawns = lack of brains. :sigh:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Brains + brawn = unstoppable enemy which makes it all the more unbelievable that the hero can win? Or maybe they just need a big gapping flaw.

ReputationRep:
    The Raid has a lot of truly phenomenal action scenes, but is completely devoid of tension and takes itself far too seriously with a terrible story that it insists on bringing to the fore.

It's still worth the price of admission if you like martial arts, but it's important to go in with the right expectations.

ReputationRep:
    I am finding it so hard to not click on all of those spoiler tags!

Seen the Avengers. Good film. It had quite a few laughs as well mainly because of the sharp dialogue between the characters and Hulk. The Hulk scenes had everyone laughing out loud. All the characters were well balanced even if the story was so cliched. The main point was how they interacted with each other and there's a scene with them all in a small contained room where you can practically feel the tension.

One of my friends didn't like it too much. After really liking the Iron Man film, he didn't like the 'magic' approach. He hasn't watched the individual films either.

Saw a trailer for The Raid though, which looked good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Seen the Avengers. Good film. It had quite a few laughs as well mainly because of the sharp dialogue between the characters and Hulk. The Hulk scenes had everyone laughing out loud. All the characters were well balanced even if the story was so cliched. The main point was how they interacted with each other and there's a scene with them all in a small contained room where you can practically feel the tension.

One of my friends didn't like it too much. After really liking the Iron Man film, he didn't like the 'magic' approach. He hasn't watched the individual films either.

Saw a trailer for The Raid though, which looked good.
    I'll be interested to the how the Hulk interacts with the rest of them. Is he portrayed as more intelligent and controllable than in the standalone films? Although, of course, the final scene of the Hulk film has his eyes the colour of Banners so perhaps that was meant to signal that Bruce was a bit more in control.

ReputationRep:
    All the best bits of the film were about the interactions between the others and Banner.

(Original post by Mess.)
    I'll be interested to the how the Hulk interacts with the rest of them. Is he portrayed as more intelligent and controllable than in the standalone films? Although, of course, the final scene of the Hulk film has his eyes the colour of Banners so perhaps that was meant to signal that Bruce was a bit more in control.
    Both Banner and Hulk have different interactions depending on different characters - which is what makes it fun.

I'd say he was intelligent. He can understand speech fine. I'm not sure about more controllable. It's definitely not carrying on what Norton's Hulk hinted at. This is a more weary and resigned Banner.

I'm also really impressed with the Black Widow character. She was forgettable in Iron Man 2.

ReputationRep:
    Not excited as I thought I'd be by TDKR trailer. I will still go and see.

Avengers must be at least decent because she said it was better than she expected and she usually hates superhero films.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Both Banner and Hulk have different interactions depending on different characters - which is what makes it fun.

I'd say he was intelligent. He can understand speech fine. I'm not sure about more controllable. It's definitely not carrying on what Norton's Hulk hinted at. This is a more weary and resigned Banner.

I'm also really impressed with the Black Widow character. She was forgettable in Iron Man 2.
    To me, he seemed to be Banner about 10 years on. He also has the best line in the film, I think.

(Original post by Colonel.)
    To me, he seemed to be Banner about 10 years on. He also has the best line in the film, I think.
    The introspection line about his anger? If so, yeah - that was a good line.

ReputationRep:
    Going to see Albert Nobbs tomorrow, seems silly that it's out now so long after the Oscars!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Love your avatar! Castle. :love:
    I know, right? :awesome:

(Original post by cambo211)
    All the best bits of the film were about the interactions between the others and Banner.
    Particularly with Romanoff, I thought. I also rather enjoyed the dynamic between Stark and Rogers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.