Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Empire have an article on ads directed by famous directors. On top of the well known ones, like the Lynch's crazy PS2 stuff and Scott's classics, there's some I had no idea about. I was very surprised to find out that the Nike cage ad, which I must have watched about a hundred times and is undoubtedly my favourite ad ever, was directed by Terry Gilliam. :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Going to watch The Shining first. Should I watch A Clockwork Orange after it or Dr Strangelove? :awesome:
    As someone else said it definitely depends what mood you're in. As far as Kubrick's films go Strangelove is an "easier" watch than Clockwork Orange but you've got to watch A Clockwork Orange at some point even if you don't end up loving at, as I don't.

ReputationRep:
    Also, what do you guys think of our new forum description? :awesome:

(Original post by Phalanges)
    Also, what do you guys think of our new forum description? :awesome:
    Much better than the last one. Should have added your famous blog catchphrase and past usertitle at the end. That would have been the icing on the cake. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Much better than the last one. Should have added your famous blog catchphrase and past usertitle at the end. That would have been the icing on the cake. :moon:
    I might have got demodded for advertising. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-Amin)
    Sucker Punch
    (Original post by DrummingThunder)
    The Hurt Locker
    Hey guys, thanks for your reviews - I've added them to the first post of the thread.

Mo-Amin, your positive review of Sucker Punch was really pleasing to see after the drumming it's been getting from critics. I'm going to go and see it next week, so I'll let you know my thoughts soon!

ReputationRep:
    Mo-Amin, your positive review of Sucker Punch was really pleasing to see after the drumming it's been getting from critics. I'm going to go and see it next week, so I'll let you know my thoughts soon!

"Anyway, as you hear people talking about Sucker Punch having been a collossal failure, just bear in mind that they're only saying that because the budget was so huge. It actually did just fine for a small film from a cult director, that wasn't based on any well-known source material. So to the extent that we all enjoy playing Monday-morning quarterback about box office stuff, the real question is the film's inflated budget, not its box office."

Why Sucker Punch is a 'failure'.

Apparently.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just finished watching The Silence Of The Lambs :gah:

Seems like '91 was a good year for films as well as newborns

And really think the soundtrack is brilliant :yep:

(Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Because we are like viruses
    Beska was here? Wonder what other medics are hiding :ninja:
    Reems, Phalanges spring to mind. I'm sure there are more. :holmes:

But glad to be accepted so easily.. some threads are just hard to join.. so clique-y :teehee:
    Definitely not us! Members come and go, some stay, some are brutally murdered perish ... :moon:

Ok so will check out Memento, Exam, Se7en and Old Boy, seen the other two. And will take a look at that synopsis too :yep:
    Great. They are all brilliant films, you'll enjoy them.

(Original post by Beska)
    I'm here! I just have absolutely nothing to really contribute.
    Ah, okay. Just waiting for the summer blockbusters I guess. Then we can moan about how bad they all were. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    When I first saw you on the film forum, you seemed like a rebel without a cause. Indeed, you seemed anything but a yes man, and the prospect of helping seemed quite alien to you on this social network. Since then you have become a graduate of the community, and if you were of a different nationality some might say you had blossomed into an american beauty. I am buried in your post reports, and if ever wanted you can often be found helping in About with the usual suspects. With no end in sight I can only hope you don't collapse and we have to countdown to zero before you become one of the departed.

Congrats.
    You actually had me in stitches.

I bow down to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    "Anyway, as you hear people talking about Sucker Punch having been a collossal failure, just bear in mind that they're only saying that because the budget was so huge. It actually did just fine for a small film from a cult director, that wasn't based on any well-known source material. So to the extent that we all enjoy playing Monday-morning quarterback about box office stuff, the real question is the film's inflated budget, not its box office."

Why Sucker Punch is a 'failure'.

Apparently.
    Snyder decided on how much to spend. It's not a small film. He isn't a cult director. That reads like bull**** to me.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/films.php?id=16934 ohhh my go-

but on a plus note, The 3rd Riddick film planned, can't wait for that, great news
    http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/films.php?id=15112

What the ****?!

Serenity is beating Blade Runner.

http://io9.com/#!5787920/io9s-march-...er-vs-serenity

inb4 channy rage :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by channy)
    x
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Reems, Phalanges spring to mind. I'm sure there are more. :holmes:

Definitely not us! Members come and go, some stay, some are brutally murdered perish ... :moon:

Great. They are all brilliant films, you'll enjoy them.
    Well if I perish from this thread.. someone check the ditches :afraid:

Turns out I have watched se7en afterall :rolleyes:

Next on the list: Limitless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    You actually had me in stitches.

I bow down to you.
    I was pretty proud of that post. :p:

ReputationRep:
    It has gone straight into my profile :yep:

ReputationRep:
    What the ****?!

[SIZE="3"]Serenity is beating Blade Runner.[/SIZE]

http://io9.com/#!5787920/io9s-march-...er-vs-serenity

inb4 channy rage :awesome:
    Will the Whedonites please just **** off? I mean, most of the time I am one, but this is ****ing Blade Runner.

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    Will the Whedonites please just **** off? I mean, most of the time I am one, but this is ****ing Blade Runner.
    Exactly, Serenity is a good film but up against Blade Runner - the latter utterly destroys it in every respect.

I seriously hope the poll turns around. Soon. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I wish Twilight or Harry Potter was in this poll. They might be the only thing possible of stopping such fanboy bait.

Was re-playing Mass Effect 1 earlier, and on the title screen - the music is nearly exactly the same as Blade Runner music. Not surprising they drew inspiration. :coma:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.