Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

That bad guy anonymous counselling scene sold me on that concept.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping there is a director's cut for Prometheus. One of the main things that soured for me was the lack of character development and interaction between the crew members on the ship. Everything else was mostly fine...mostly.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Couldn't help myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManBeast)
    I'm hoping there is a director's cut for Prometheus. One of the main things that soured for me was the lack of character development and interaction between the crew members on the ship. Everything else was mostly fine...mostly.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Couldn't help myself
    I see what you did there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calvinm)
    Has anyone had a chance to see Moonrise Kingdom? It's my favourite film of the year so far, I thoroughly recommend it.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Moonrise Kingdom. I'm also really happy with all the great reviews that it's getting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)

Can't actually tell whether it's a great or a terrible concept.
    I'm very curious how much it cost Disney to license all those figures. And who said no.

I think it could be a very good film. It reminds me a lot of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, and that's one of my favourite films.

Is 'Conan the Barbarian' any good? I've heard next to nothing about it but I seem to have it on my laptop :pain:

ReputationRep:

I didn't really like Mark Kermode before I saw this, but holy ****. I am now a devotee.

ReputationRep:
    Tyrannosaur was the best acted film I've seen in a long while. Mullan and Marsan are always show-stealers, but Olivia Colman - despite always reminding me of Peep Show - is an actress with some impressive range, in terms of portraying emotion without 'hamming' it.

ReputationRep:
    I rewatched Death Race earlier. Like almost all Jason Statham films it's a pretty crappy b-movie with surprisingly good visuals) but goddamnit if it isn't a hell of a lot of fun throughout. And it turns out there was a straight-to-DVD prequel with Sean Bean and Danny Trejo in it?! I need to see that.

ReputationRep:
    Been thinking a lot about Prometheus and the same question keeps popping into my mind...

Spoiler:
    Show
    What do we think David said to the Engineer?

(Original post by aja89)
    Been thinking a lot about Prometheus and the same question keeps popping into my mind...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Have you given this a read yet? It's really quite an interesting analysis.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I shall join this thread if I am welcome here! I LOVE films! I (normally) go to the cinema every week to watch the latest movie :p: Exam times means I've missed out a lot though

Plan to watch:
    Snow White
    Prometheus
    MIB 3
    The Dictator

This is once exams are over. Anything I've missed, feel free to add to the list

(Original post by Delta Aitch)
    Is 'Conan the Barbarian' any good? I've heard next to nothing about it but I seem to have it on my laptop :pain:
    The new one? It's pretty dull. It does have that guy from Game of Thrones in it though.

(Original post by Revent)
    Hi everyone. I shall join this thread if I am welcome here! I LOVE films! I (normally) go to the cinema every week to watch the latest movie :p: Exam times means I've missed out a lot though

Plan to watch:
    Snow White
    Prometheus
    MIB 3
    The Dictator

This is once exams are over. Anything I've missed, feel free to add to the list
    Welcome! I think both Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Brave are out in a week or two. They look good.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    The new one? It's pretty dull. It does have that guy from Game of Thrones in it though.
    Yeah, I think the only reason I even downloaded it was because it had Jason Momoa in it. But... it looks a bit pants.

ReputationRep:
    Have you given this a read yet? It's really quite an interesting analysis.
    Wow, interesting read!

(Original post by aja89)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also

Spoiler:
    Show
    Why did Charlize Theron and Noomi Rapace try to out-run the falling spaceship and not just run sideways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    Also

Spoiler:
    Show
    Why did Charlize Theron and Noomi Rapace try to out-run the falling spaceship and not just run sideways?
    :awesome:

(Original post by JessicaW)
    Also

Spoiler:
    Show
    I've gotten used to characters ignoring common sense in films.

ReputationRep:
    Brave
    17th of August over here.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.